These Easy Paleo Sprinkle Cookies are soft, sweet and incredibly easy to put together. They’re grain free, dairy free + oh so delicious!
Hi friends! I’m Jess of the hilariously, similarly titled blog, Jessica Eats Real Food, not to be confused with the website you’re currently visiting, Real Food with Jessica. Jessica has really graciously allowed me to pop over and to share a new recipe with you that I hope you’ll just love! Over on my own website, we do lots of Paleo + Whole30 cooking too. I’d love to see you there!
Let’s get to the important stuff: Sprinkle Cookies! You know how you sometimes manage to find the perfect cookie that’s crunchy on the edges and soft + gooey on the inside? Lucky us, that’s this cookie!
And the best part is that the ingredient list is incredibly simple – just 8 ingredients including salt, baking powder and extract and all that’s involved is a little mixing and rolling. So easy.
The recipe for these Paleo Sprinkle Cookies actually doesn’t require any flour at all. They are made from a cashew butter base which helps with the incredible texture and also ensures that the cookies are both grain and gluten free.
Coconut sugar adds natural sweetness, and the sprinkles ensure a satisfying crunch.
Now, for the sprinkles, there are all sorts of homemade paleo recipes online. However, mainstream sprinkles haven’t quite caught up yet and do tend to still contain white sugar and/or cornstarch. Feel free to choose whatever option feels right for you and your family. Color Kitchen is what I use and feel best about.
These cookies are the perfect treat! They’re quick, easy, and taste like a really good sugar cookie…only better!
I know that you’ll love this recipe for these Easy Paleo Sprinkle Cookies as much as I do. Here are some more cookie recipes to try:
- Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Samoa Cookies
- Paleo Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Fudge Cookies
- and these Paleo Peppermint Cookies from Jessica’s site
Easy Paleo Sprinkle Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cashew butter, coconut sugar, egg, salt, baking soda, and extracts. Mix until a thick, cohesive dough forms.
- Place the sprinkles in a shallow bowl or onto a plate for easy rolling.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out a tablespoon or so of dough and drop it into the sprinkles. Roll to coak. Warning: the mixture is sticky!
- Place the sprinkled cookies onto a baking sheet, leaving space for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 3-5 minutes before moving onto a cooling rack to cool completely.