These Grain Free Shortbread Cookies are simple to make and will melt in your mouth. 5 simple ingredients and they are gluten free and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Danish Creamery. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
Shortbread cookies are one of my favorites. So simple and the texture is perfect- a little crunchy, buttery and tender. These are perfectly sweetened with just maple syrup and are good as-is or can be dipped in chocolate if desired.
Why I Love Danish Creamery
The secret to Danish Creamery’s velvety, rich butter lies in the health of its cows and land. For that reason, our family farmers ensure that the cream in our butter comes from cows that are humanely raised, munching
grass in wide open spaces just as nature intended. Not only do they stay healthier, but they produce tasty, nutritious milk – the key ingredient to perfect Danish Creamery butters.
Danish Creamery’s gold-foil wrapped rBST-Free European Style Butter boasts an 85% butterfat (much higher than most other European Style butters which come in at 82-83%) making it a dream in baking applications.
Making Shortbread Cookies
These cookies are so simple to make. The ingredients are mixed by hand and the dough is pressed out into a square and cut into rectangles. You could definitely use a cookie cutter and make rounds or any shape you prefer, just keep the thickness the same for cook time. Once cooled then can be dipped in chocolate and topped with pecans. A fun, festive cookie that is so easy to make.
These stay good covered at room temperature up to a week. They also freeze great.
I know you will love these grain free shortbread cookies because they are sweet, easy, and crunchy. Here are some more cookies to try:
- Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Samoa Cookies
- Paleo Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Fudge Cookies
- Paleo Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Grain Free Shortbread Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and salt. Mix well. Add in the maple syrup and melted butter and stir to combine, until dough if formed.
- Place a piece of parchment or wax paper on the counter. Roll the dough out to an 8x8 square, ¼ inch thick making it as even as possible. Cut it 8 by 3, making 24 rectangles.
- Carefully transfer them to the prepared baking sheet and bake 27-32 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- In dipping in chocolate, make sure the cookies are fully cooled. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 30 second increments until smooth. About 1 ½ minutes. Dip half of each cookie in the chocolate, scraping off any extra, and place them back on the parchment paper to cool. Top with chopped pecans while the chocolate is wet if desired.