These Paleo Peppermint Glazed Brownies are a delicious treat. Rich fudgy brownies topped with a simple glaze. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
Easy Paleo Brownies
These brownies are rich and fudgy and so irresistible. My go-to when brownie and good even on their own. Sweetened with maple syrup or honey (I’ve made them both ways) and easy to whip up. A little peppermint extract is added for the perfect mint flavor without being too overpowering.
Coconut butter is the base of the glaze which is always my go-to. It’s creamy and drizzles perfectly. A little maple syrup is added for sweetness and then water to thin it out. This really adds nice sweetness and of course it’s pretty. A little mint extract can be added here too if you want them a touch more minty.
Nut Free Brownies with Vegan Option
These are completely nut free. The brownies use coconut flour as the flour instead of the popular almond flour that is commonly used in paleo baking. The topping is coconut butter and some melted chocolate chips if you'd like. A super tasty nut free dessert that everyone will love!
I have also made these vegan by using flax eggs in place of the eggs and maple syrup in place of the honey. So know that that definitely works if you're working around dietary restrictions or allergies. To make 2 flax eggs, mix 2 tablespoons flax meal with 6 tablespoons water and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
I know you will love these paleo peppermint glazed brownies because they are rich, sweet, and easy to make. Here are more brownie recipes to try:
- Paleo Cookie Dough Topped Brownies
- Vegan Paleo Buckeye Brownies
- Paleo Salted Caramel Brownies
- Vegan Paleo German Chocolate Brownies
Paleo Peppermint Glazed Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 8x8 (or 9x9) pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut oil and chocolate. Heat oven medium heat, whisking until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain. Take off the heat and stir in the honey. This should cause the mixture to slightly thicken. Add in the eggs and and mix well.
- Add in the cacao powder, coconut flour, salt and peppermint extract. Mix until no dry pockets remain. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Once brownies are baked, make the glaze. First make sure the coconut butter is smooth. Microwave for 30-60 seconds and stir well if needed. Add 3 tablespoons to a small bowl and add in the maple syrup, and water and peppermint. Drizzle over the brownies.
- These are best stored covered in the fridge up to a week.