This Paleo Cranberry Coffee Cake has a moist cake, tart cranberries, a thick crumb topping and a sweet glaze. It’s delicious while still being gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
Coffee cake is one of my favorite things to make and share. I just looked back and can’t believe I haven’t shared one all year! I did make some Coffee Cake Muffins in May which are super delicious, but this is my official first coffee cake of the year and it’s a good one! First and last and I’ll try to post one sooner next year.
Paleo Coffee Cake
The cake is super simple to whip up. Just mix it by hand and spread it into a square pan. A combination of almond and coconut flour give the best texture. It’s sweetened with coconut sugar so it’s a treat, but not overly sweet. Some fresh cranberries are added to the top that get soft as they bake and then the crumb topping of course can’t be missed. Arguable the best part!
The glaze is a simple mixture of coconut butter (not coconut oil!), maple syrup and orange juice. It adds a touch more sweetness and makes it look so pretty. Orange and cranberry go so well together so it’s a wonderful combination.
Just a note about coffee cake, since I always get this comment, there is no coffee in the actual cake. It’s meant to be served WITH coffee. So I didn’t leave an ingredient out and you are reading it correctly.
I know you will love this paleo cranberry coffee cake because it’s sweet, has the best crumb topping and makes a great dessert or breakfast. Here are some more coffee cake recipes to try:
- Paleo Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Caramel Apple Coffee Cake (Paleo)
- Paleo Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
- Raspberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake (Paleo)
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Cranberry Coffee Cake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons almond milk room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
- Make the crumb topping. In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and salt. Mix until combined and crumbly. Set mixture aside until needed.
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the cake. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix well and break up any large chunks. Add in the eggs, vanilla, almond milk and coconut oil. Stir until everything is well combined and no dry spots remain. Scoop mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Top with cranberries, pressing them in gently.
- Top with crumb mixture, covering the raspberries and making it as even as possible. Bake 50-55 minutes, until the edges are lightly brown and the center is set.
- Make the glaze. First make sure the coconut butter is smooth. Microwave for 30-60 seconds and stir well if needed. Add 1/4 cup to a small bowl and add in the maple syrup and orange juice. Stir until smooth and drizzle over the cake.
- Store cake covered in the fridge up to a week.
Leave a Comment