These Paleo Nut-Free No-Bake Cookies are easy to make and a delicious take on the classic cookie. They are gluten free, vegan, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible
No Bake Cookies were the first cookie I learned to make and a family favorite. I’ve been attempting a paleo version for years and finally perfected it. They have the classic taste, but made grain free and sweetened with just coconut sugar. If you’re a fan of the original then you have to make these!
Nut Free Cookies
These cookies are completely nut free by using No Sugar Added SunButter (in place of the usual peanut butter) and then shredded coconut and sunflower seeds in place of the traditional oats. They SunButter gives the classic peanut butter taste and the coconut/sunflower seed mixture adds chewiness and crunch.
If you don’t need them nut free then feel free to use a chopped nut in place of the sunflower seeds. I think pecans would be delicious, but almonds would also work great.
No-Bake Cookie Success
No-Bakes are really candy, boiling a sugar mixture to a certain point so it sets perfectly when cooled. The perfect time is 3 1/2 minutes over medium heat. I’ve tested it out and any less means they won’t set up and any more means they will be crumbly. Just set the timer for 4 minutes and turn off the heat with 30 seconds left. Stir in the dry ingredients quickly and scoop onto wax paper to cool.
It definitely helps to have everything prepared as it goes quickly once the sugar mixture is started. So lay some wax paper on the counter, measure out the dry ingredients and you’re good to go. You don’t want to be scrambling in the moment.
These are vegan is coconut is used in place of the ghee. I’ve made them both ways and both work great. Of course they are egg free as well which is great for anyone working around allergies or restrictions.
I think you will love these paleo nut-free no-bake cookies because they are quick, sweet, and so delicious! A classic that’s made over. Here are some more cookie recipes to try:
- Nut Free Paleo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Nut Free Paleo Pumpkin Fudge Cookies
- Paleo Vegan Samoa Cookies
Paleo Nut-Free No-Bake Cookies
- Measure coconut and seeds into a medium bowl and set aside. Place a piece of wax paper on the counter for the cookies to be scooped onto.
- In a large skillet, combine SunButter, coconut sugar, cocnout milk, ghee, and cacao powder. Stir together over medium heat (no higher) until fully combined. Don't quit stirring. Once it is boiling while you stir set the timer for 4 minutes, but turn off the heat with 30 seconds remaining cooking for exaclty 3 1/2 minutes.
- Continue stirring constantly making sure to scrap the sides of the pan as needed. When the timer has 30 seconds, turn off heat and add the coconut mixture and mix until completely covered. Try to work fast as the start to harden as they cool.
- Scoop onto wax paper and let fully cool, about 20 minutes. Makes 12-15 cookies depending on size you scoop.