This Paleo Whole30 Creamy Chicken Soup is hearty, delicious and so satisfying! It’s gluten free, dairy free, and low carb.
My Paleo Whole30 Chicken Pot Pie Soup is one of my most popular recipes on my site, but I wanted to create one a little different with that same cozy feel.
Dairy Free Creamy Soup
There are a few ways to make a soup creamy without using dairy and this one uses blended raw cashews. Creamier than cashew milk, but smooth and rich. It has no cashew flavor, it just adds creaminess. Soaking the cashews for a few hours first helps ensure they blend totally smooth and mixes in well.
Prep Ahead Tips
This soup does have a little prep involved with all the veggies needing to be chopped, but it is SO worth it. Most of it can be done ahead of time making it much quicker on meal night. The veggies chopped and stored, the chicken cut, and the herbs cut. Then it will all come together quickly.
This soup is great to make for the week as it reheats well. It also freezes great. I made a batch and froze some for later weeks and it tastes just as good once thawed.
This soup is Whole30 compliant, but if you are not currently doing a Whole30 then I highly recommend some Simple Mills crackers added in. There is something so comforting about crackers in soup. I used the plain almond flour ones, but they have flavored ones too that I’m sure would be good.
This soup is so perfect for the whole family! No one will be able to tell it’s healthy and it is super filling. I know you will love this cozy paleo whole30 creamy chicken soup. Here are some more soups to try:
- Paleo Whole30 Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup
- Whole30 Paleo Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Paleo Whole30 Ham and Potato Soup
- Whole30 Paleo Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced carrots 3 medium
- 2 bunches green onion diced (3/4 cup)
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5-2 pounds chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 6 cups chicken broth (low or no sodium)
- 1 1/2 cups green beans (I use frozen french cut)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked
- 1 cup water
- Add the oil to a large pot and add in the celery, carrots, green onion, garlic and salt. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add in the chicken and cook 5 more minutes. Add in the broth, green beans, rosemary, and thyme. Stir well, cover, reduce heat to medium/low and cook 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until veggies are tender.
- Make the cream mixture. Drain the cashews and add them to a high powered blender. Add in the water and blend until creamy.
- Once veggies are tender, pour in the cashew cream, stir and cook 3 more minutes, uncovered.
- Taste and salt more if needed. This will depend on the broth you used.