These Paleo Vegan Cosmic Brownies are rich, fudgy and so delicious! A sweet brownie topped with thick frosting and finished with bright candies. They are nut free, gluten free and dairy free.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
I’ve been wanting to make a copycat version of these brownies for so long and I knew I wanted them to be just perfect. This brownie is so nostalgic for so many people so I knew I needed to deliver. I think you’ll love these and also love how simple they are!
Nut free and Vegan Brownies
These brownies are nut free things to the SunButter I used and no flours are needed in the brownies themselves. The frosting is just chocolate chips and coconut milk keeping that part nut free as well. The chocolate gems are dairy free and nut free, but you can use whatever ones you like or even just some natural sprinkles. I didn’t give an exact measurement for the candies- just add what feels right!
They are vegan since no eggs are used and no dairy products are used in either the brownie or frosting.
These brownies are super easy to make, all the ingredients are mixed in one bowl and they’re in the oven in less than 10 minutes. The frosting is just 2 ingredients and couldn’t be easier. These are great to whip up any time, but also are great made ahead and kept in the fridge.
Even with SunButter being the main ingredient these don’t have an overly SunButter flavor. Not that that would be a bad thing, but I wanted them to taste like the original and they definitely do. They taste like a rich, chocolate brownie that is in no way cakey. Perfect!
Look at this sweet cutting board that my boyfriend made for me! 🙂 It was a Christmas gift and I love that he put so much time and thought into it! Okay back to the brownies.
If you like the original cosmic brownies then you have to try these paleo vegan cosmic brownies because they are just as delicious, but more moist and of course healthier. Here are some more brownie recipes to enjoy:
- Vegan Paleo Buckeye Brownies (nut free)
- Paleo Salted Caramel Brownies
- Vegan Paleo German Chocolate Brownies
- Paleo Cookie Dough Topped Brownies
Paleo Vegan Cosmic Brownies
- Dairy Free Chocolate Candies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the SunButter, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup together. Stir until smooth. Add the cacao powder and mix well. Spread into pan evenly and bake 12 minutes. Let cool before topping with frosting.
- Makr the frosting. Melt the chocolate chips over a low heat on the stove or in the microwave. If using the microwave, stop and stir every 30 seconds until melted. Stir in the coconut milk and mix until smooth. Pour over cooled brownies and top with chocolate candies.
- Store covered in the fridge.