This Gluten Free Lemon Butter Chicken Pasta is a quick meal that the whole family will love. It’s fresh, tasty and so easy to make. Also can be made grain free.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Danish Creamery. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
Why I love Danish Creamery Butter
I love using Danish Creamery Butter for this recipe because it makes the noodles so luscious without it being too rich. The chicken is cooked in a little bit of butter and then the rest is reserved for when the noodles are added.
Inspired by traditional Danish butter, Danish Creamery's recipe hasn't changed since 1895. Just pure sweet cream and sea salt, Danish Creamery butter is richer and creamier than most because it's churned the Danish way. Extra care and time put into making Danish Creamery makes this butter extra delicious.
Fresh Lemon Flavor
Lemon zest and juice are both used for extra lemon flavor. It pairs perfectly with the tender chicken and buttered noodles. The sauce doesn’t need any cream or flour to be creamy and thick, just a little pasta water combined with lemon juice and butter. A lemon zester is the best way to get the most zest for this pasta.
Grain Free Noodle Option
I used a gluten-free brown rice noodle for this recipe, but you can also use regular spaghetti or even grain free noodles to fit your dietary needs. I shared this with the family that lives next door and they all loved it and couldn't tell it was gluten free!
You will love this gluten free lemon butter chicken pasta because it is simple, fresh and comforting. Here are some more chicken dinners that you will enjoy:
- Paleo Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Whole30 Paleo Bruschetta Chicken
- Paleo Whole30 Chicken Shawarma Salad
- Whole30 Paleo Chicken Teriyaki
Gluten Free Lemon Butter Chicken Pasta
- 4 tablespoons Danish Creamery Butter divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup pasta water
- 12 ounce box of gluten free spaghetti
- Fresh thyme
- Zest of two lemons and the juice
- Start cooking the pasta according to the box instructions. Mine took 12 minutes to cook. Don't strain it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, salt and garlic powder and cook 5 to 7 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Turn off the heat until the pasta is ready.
- Add the pasta to the pan along with half a cup of the pasta water the zest and juice of the lemons. Turn the heat back to medium and stir until everything as well coated topped with fresh thyme
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to a week.