This Paleo Creamy Mushroom Chicken is a one-pot meal that is so satisfying and flavorful. Juicy chicken, tender mushrooms and a luscious sauce. It’s Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, and low carb.
This meal is easy and packed with flavor. I have recently been able to tolerate more foods, but still not onion and garlic, so I shared this meal with my brother who loved it. I was happy to make it for him and glad to get his approval.
One Pan Meal
This meal is made completely in one pan which is great for clean up. The chicken is cooked, removed, the mushrooms are added with the sauce and then the chicken is added back in. It’s simple and I know you will love it.
I like to always prep as much as I can the day before I make a recipe. This makes the meal come together quickly when I make it and less mess. Slice the mushrooms and keep them in a glass container in the fridge and pick all of the fresh thyme and store it in a small glass container in the fridge. Just doing these two things ahead of time will take about 10 minutes off the total time when it’s cooked.
Sides to Serve
This is great with green beans, like I made in the pictures which keeps the meal low carb. It would also be amazing with some mashed potatoes for an ultra comfort food meal.
Low Carb and Whole30
I don’t purposely create low carb meals, but they happen sometimes and are just as tasty as a carb loaded meal. This dish does use 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder to thicken the sauce which is 8 total carbs, so if you really need it low carb then leave that out and cook the sauce down a little longer to naturally thicken.
Because all the ingredients are Whole30 compliant, this meal is also compliant.
I know you will love this paleo creamy mushroom chicken because it comes together quickly, is flavorful and so enjoyable. A meal that will become a weeknight staple and also great for serving guests.
Here are some more chicken recipes to try:
- Paleo Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken
- Whole30 Paleo Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Paleo Whole30 Chicken Curry
- Whole30 Paleo Cilantro Lime Chicken
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless thighs about 1.5 pounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 16 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup broth unsalted
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Pat chicken dry and place on a plate. Mix salt, onion powder, and garlic powder together and sprinkle over the chicken. Toss to coat evenly. Add the oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the pan and cook about 6 minutes a side, until fully cooked through. Don’t mess with the chicken once you put it in the pan, it will release from the pan when it’s ready to flip.
- Remove the chicken to a clean plate and add in the ghee, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes. While those are cooking, mix the chicken broth and arrowroot powder together until well combined. Pour into the pan and scrap the bottom of the pan to release all the browned pieces. Add the garlic and thyme and cook 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce is thickened.
- Add the chicken back in and coat with the sauce. Cook about 3 more minutes, until warmed through.
Leave a Comment