This Paleo Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken is easy and tastes amazing! A simple marinade for the chicken topped with a tomato balsamic mixture that is so flavorful. It’s gluten free, dairy free, low carb and low FODMAP.
This is the fourth month of my healthy baking challenge. I know it’s not baking, but I wanted a Whole30 recipe included every time so everyone could participate. Last month was the Paleo Whole30 Sausage Summer Vegetable Soup and Paleo Turtle Brownies. It was so fun to see all the recreations of those recipes and I can’t wait to see these this month. Here are the instructions to enter:
- Make this recipe between August 1st-31st
- Once you make it, take a picture and post it on Instagram, Facebook, or email it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org (you don’t need to do all 3). If posting to Instagram, use the #realfoodbakingchallenge hashtag so I can find it. If your profile is private, send me a DM. If using Facebook, just post to my page and I’ll see it.
- Bonus entry if you come back and leave a review on the recipe you made
- I’ll randomly choose a winner to win $100 Amazon gift card. Yay!
- I also shared a Paleo Raspberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake and if you make both recipes you are entered twice! Then we’ll start over the next month. I’m looking forward to seeing all the recreations.
Low FODMAP Bruschetta
This Bruschetta is made with green onion and garlic oil to keep it low FODMAP. Usually it’s heavy on the fresh garlic and red onion, and while that’s delicious, it can cause pain for certain people. Green onion and garlic oil add the same delicious flavors without the unwanted side effects. If you don’t need it low FODMAP then feel free to use fresh garlic and onion.
This chicken is marinated in a super simple mixture of garlic oil, lemon juice, salt and Italian seasoning. You can marinate it for just an hour or leave it in the fridge overnight. I always like to use the thin chicken breast, you can pound it out yourself or buy it that way. If you use full chicken breast, cooking time may be a little longer.
This meal can be prepped ahead so it comes together super fast the night you make it. The bruschetta can be made a day or two in advance and refrigerated and the chicken can marinate in the fridge for a day. Then just cook up the chicken either on the grill or in the oven, top with the (already made) bruschetta and it’s done. So easy!
If you have garden fresh tomatoes, that will take this bruschetta over the top! I just used organic store bought tomatoes, but you can use whatever you have or love.
This is currently my favorite meal. The juicy chicken topped with the best tasting tomato mixture. It’s fresh, light and so delicious!
I can’t wait to see you make it and make sure to come back to leave a comment here. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken
- 4 thin chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning*
- 5 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green onion, 2 bunches
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Marinate the chicken. Add the chicken to a glass container and add in the garlic oil, lemon juice, salt and Italian seasoning. Mix well to make sure all the chicken is coated with the marinade. Let sit for a t least 1 hour or up to overnight. Grill for about 5 minutes a side (depending how how thick they are) or bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the bruschetta. Or this can be made a day or two in advance if wanted. Combine the tomatoes, green onion, salt, garlic oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh basil in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Once chicken is done cooking, scoop bruschetta on top and serve.
Leave a Comment