These Paleo German Chocolate Bites are easy to make and so delicious! Toasted coconut, pecans, chocolate and dates combine to make a simple treat. They are vegan, gluten free, dairy free and Whole30.
Oh boy, these are so good! The flavors are so similar to the classic german chocolate frosting. I used to eat that stuff out of the jar as a kid. These are a healthier version with the same taste and of course no unwanted ingredients (soybean oil, corn syrup, and yeast just to name a few). I have been snacking on these and loving every bite!
These are great for when you want a little treat or snack, but don’t want to bake. Yes, turning the oven on for a few minutes to toast the coconut and pecans does happen, but you could technically skip that step and these would still be wonderful. Just mix all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until combined. Roll into balls and dig in. These are best kept in the fridge where they can be grabbed for a quick, cold bite when the hunger strikes. I’ve been loving them as a mid-morning snack.
These are technically Whole30 compliant since they are just sweetened with dates. Just be careful not to use these as a dessert. They are best used for emergency food or maybe after a workout. Use your best judgment if you should make them during your Whole30.
This isn’t sponsored, but I always like to use Santa Barbara Chocolate for the cocoa powder which is so rich and delicious and Joolies Dates or Date Lady dates, those are both great brands for soft, sweet dates.
These bites are chewy, just the right sweetness, and have great texture. I would not consider myself a coconut lover, so I like that it’s very fine and not overpowering. I hope you try these Paleo German Chocolate Bites, I think you’ll love them!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo German Chocolate Bites
- 1 cup pitted dates (about 10-12 medjool)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and place the coconut and pecans on a sheet tray. Toast for 5 minutes, until the coconut is slightly brown and the pecans are fragrant. This is an optional step, but adds great flavor.
- Place the dates and cacao powder is a high powdered blender or food processor. Add in the coconut, pecans and salt. Blend until mixed well. Add in 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place in a glass storage container. Cover and keep in the fridge. It should make around 20 balls.
Leave a Comment