These Paleo Funfetti Cookies are simple to make and taste like cookie dough. They're gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
These cookies are so fun and also simple to make! Everything gets mixed in one bowl, no dough chilling or fancy equipment. They bake up and get glazed and topped with more sprinkles to make them extra fun. Funfetti is also known as birthday cake flavor- that classic cake taste with rainbow sprinkles.
The taste of these is like biting into soft cookie dough. They hold together better, but taste sweet and a little chewy. These are kid friendly with all the sprinkles, but I have yet to find an adult that doesn't love them as well! I shared these with friends and they were gone so quickly and much enjoyed.
Important ingredients for the cookies
Natural sprinkles- try to find sprinkles that are naturally colored and don’t contain soy. I used Color Kitchen sprinkles and they do have cornstarch in them which means they aren’t strict paleo, but they were the best I could find.
Almond Extract- these may seem like a weird ingredient, but it really gives it that cake batter taste. Use ½-1 teaspoon depending on your taste preference.
Cashew butter gives these richness without the nut butter being too overpowering. You can sub another nut butter, but the flavor will be different. My favorite cashew butter is Georgia Grinders and you can use code Jessica20 for a 20% off on their site.
Maple sugar- this is just lighter in color than coconut sugar so I like it for that reason in these cookies. Coconut sugar can be used and it will work just as good, the cookies with just be a little darker in color.
I know you will love these paleo funfetti cookies because they are soft and perfectly sweet. Here are some more cookies to try:
- Soft Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Glazed Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Paleo Funfetti Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cashew butter and maple sugar until combined. Add in the egg and almond extract and stir until smooth. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda and stir until combined and a dough is formed. Lastly, stir in the sprinkles until evenly mixed.
- Scoop into heaping tablespoon balls and roll between palms until smooth. Place on the sheet tray and press down slightly. Will make 13 cookies. Bake 8-10 minutes, let cool before glazing.
- Make the glaze. Make sure the coconut butter is soft first. You may need to microwave it for 30 seconds and stir first. In a small bowl, combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and water. Add the water as needed until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and top with more sprinkles if desired.