This Paleo Whole30 Chicken Teriyaki is a healthy version of the classic take-out dish. Instant Pot and stove-top instructions included. It’s gluten free, dairy free, low fodmap and sweetened with only a little fruit juice.
I have made this teriyaki chicken so many times for dinner and it never gets old. The sauce is based on the one I made for these Paleo Whole30 Teriyaki Meatballs– it’s a combination of orange juice, coconut aminos, garlic oil, and ginger. It comes together quickly and is incredibly delicious!
What this really reminds me is Bourbon chicken from the mall. I’m not sure if this is a thing all over the country or just in Michigan, but you can find it in basically every mall you go to here. It’s chicken covered in a sweet and savory sauce and it was always my favorite. By far. This has that same sweet and savory taste, but with none of the junk I’m sure they add. My husband even agreed it tasted like that.
I made this in the Instant Pot and on the stove-top because I know there are people that want both. I always favor my Instant Pot because it’s just so quick and easy, but even on the stove this is quick. You can’t go wrong either way. If you do choose the IP method, it will probably not be this pretty. The meat will break up more and it will be more like shredded chicken. Still delicious, just not as pretty.
If you read the instructions it looks like stove top is easier, but I don’t love cutting raw chicken. I would much rather chop up cooked chicken, but that’s total preference.
This chicken dish definitely needs to be added to your meal list. It’s easy, flavorful, family friendly and so tasty!
HERE is the Instant Pot I have and love.
Here are some more Asian-American dishes you will love: Paleo Whole30 Chicken and Broccoli, Paleo Orange Chicken, and Paleo Whole30 Beef and Broccoli.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Chicken Teriyaki
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil**
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs*
- 2 teaspoons cassava flour
Instant Pot Instructions
- Make sauce by combining orange juice, coconut aminos, water, garlic oil, ginger, and salt.
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot, cover with the sauce, and stir to every coat. Place the lid on, close the valve, hit the “manual” button and reduce the time to 8 minutes.
- Once cooking is done, hit “cancel”, release the pressure by pulling the valve forward. Take the lid off and remove the chicken to a cutting board.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of the liquid and mix it with the cassava flour until well mixed. Add back in and hit the “sauté” button. Cook for a couple minutes while you chop the chicken. Add the chicken back in, stir to coat with sauce, hit “cancel” and serve.
Stove Top Instructions
- Make sauce by combining orange juice, coconut aminos, water, garlic oil, ginger, salt and cassava flour. Whisk well.
- Chop the chicken and place it in a large skillet. Cover it with the sauce and cook over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through, stirring regularly. 8-10 minutes.
Leave a Comment