This Paleo Whole30 Beef and Broccoli is a fast, easy, healthy meal. Gluten free, dairy free, and so much better than take-out!
You will love this meal because it comes together quickly and is so delicious! I have made this with flank steak and sirloin and both work great. Flank has more flavor, but can be a little tougher where as sirloin is more tender, but not as flavorful. Use whichever you prefer. The meat needs to be cut against the grain, which means is the lines of the meat are running left to right, then you want to cut up and down. I hope that makes sense. It makes the meat more tender and easier to eat.
I know it may seem like a lot of broccoli at first, but it cooks way down and ends up being the perfect amount. I usually prep the broccoli ahead of time which makes it even faster the night I want to make it.
The flavor from the toasted sesame oil give it the distinct asian flavor and the coconut aminos give it a slight sweetness. The red pepper adds a little heat and can be left out if desired, but I highly recommend it. All those flavors work together perfectly to create a flavorful dish that is irresistible! You will love it!
You probably notice the white rice in the picture. No, it’s not Whole30 and some people don’t consider it paleo. I say do what works for you. My husband can not handle cauliflower rice at all and that has come from a lot of experimenting with his diet. He can handle organic white rice though so that’s what we use. And it’s delicious!
You will love this Paleo Whole30 Beef and Broccoli because it is ready in 20 minutes and is a delicious, healthy alternative to take-out. You may also love my Paleo Chicken and Broccoli– that’s a super popular recipe on my site.
Don’t forget to check out all my Whole30 Recipes HERE.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Beef and Broccoli
- 3 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 7 cups cut up broccoli
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-1 1/5 pounds flank steak or sirloin, cut into strips against the grain
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch optional for a thicker sauce
- Add oil to a large skillet and turn the heat on to medium-high.
- Add the broccoli, ginger, coconut aminos, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the broccoli starts to soften- about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook for another 5 minutes.
- If desired, add the tapioca starch and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles.
Leave a Comment