These Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars have a pumpkin cookie base topped with an incredible goat cheese cheesecake. They are grain free and naturally sweetened.
I had to make a pumpkin version of the delicious goat cheese cheesecake treats I’ve been making lately. If you are a pumpkin lover than you will LOVE these! A pumpkin cookie paired with tangy cheesecake- such a delicious fall treat.
I used my paleo pumpkin blondies for the cookie layer. This comes together quickly and is so delicious. Rich, perfectly spiced, and full of pumpkin flavor. The chocolate chips are optional, but it does add a nice little crunch and flavor of course. 2/3 of this dough is pressed into the pan and baked for a little bit before getting topped with the cheesecake and remaining dough and baked again.
Goat Cheese Cheesecake
Goat cheese has the exact same texture as cream cheese cheesecake and bakes up perfectly. I use the goat cheese logs- no need to buy anything special. Coconut sugar is used is used which gives a little darker color to this layer, but the flavor is exactly like cheesecake. If you want it lighter in color than maple sugar can be used. Making sure all the ingredients are room temperature is important because this will make them mix up easily and ensure no lumps remain.
Storing Cheesecake Bars
These are best stored covered in the fridge up to 10 days. They need to be chilled because of the goat cheese and are delicious straight from the fridge.
Since I’ve been sharing different cheesecakes lately, I’ve gotten asked if they can be made paleo since all the other ingredients are compliant. I definitely think a dairy free cream cheese could be used to make them paleo. If you try this, let me know!
I know you will love these pumpkin cheesecake bars that are grain free because they are quick and so delicious! Here are some more pumpkin recipes to try and love:
- Paleo Pumpkin Roll
- Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars
- Paleo Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Fudge Cookies
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars (grain free)
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- Make the pumpkin blondies. In a medium bowl, combine the almond butter and coconut sugar. Add in the coconut oil, pumpkin, egg, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir well. Add in the almond flour and chocolate chips and stir again until combined. Scoop 2/3 of the mixture into the pan and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before topping with cheesecake.
- While cookie crust is baking, make the cheesecake. In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese and coconut sugar and beat with a hand mixer until combined- about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until smooth. Pour over cooled crust, top with remaining dough and bake 25 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
- Best stored covered in the fridge for up to 10 days.