Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake is the perfect summer treat. Creamy cheesecake studded with fresh cherries and chocolate chips, all sitting on a delicious Brownie Brittle crust.
Cheesecake is definitely one of my favorite desserts. There are so many possible variations and it's perfect all year long. Cherries are coming in season and when I saw them at the store I knew I wanted to make cheesecake with them. Adding chocolate makes the classic irresistible combination.
The crust is made of Brownie Brittle and it's absolutely perfect. It holds together, but isn't rock hard like other cookie crusts can be. It gives great chocolate flavor and texture. It's so easy because you can just crush the brittle while it's sill in the bag- no dirtying another dish or appliance trying to make the crumbs. If you can't find Brownie Brittle you can try using Oreo's or another chocolate cookie, it won't be exactly the same though.
I made this in a 11x7 pan and the thickness is just right. I wouldn't recommend a 9x9 because it will overflow. A 9 inch springform pan would also work if you have one.
An important tip when making any cheesecake is to not over mix the batter when the egg the added because that will cause the top to crack. Mix the ingredients with a hand (or stand) mixer, then gently mix in the egg with a spatula until just combined.
One bite and you'll be hooked. Creamy cheesecake, fresh cherries, rich chocolate chips, and buttery crust. It's so simple to make and comes together quickly.
Love cheesecake? Make sure to check out my delicious Cheesecake Cookies!
Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 bags Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle 8oz total
- ½ cup butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese 2 blocks, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 heaping cup pitted cherries halved
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 11x7 pan with foil. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Crush Brownie Brittle in the bag until it's completely crumbs.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and add brownie crumbs. Mix well.
- Pat crumbs into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan. Bake for 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together.
- Turn off the mixer and add the egg by hand. Mix until just combined. Over mixing the egg can cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Fold in half the cherries and half the chocolate chips.
- Pour into crust and top with remaining cherries and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-30 min or until the center just barely jiggles. Let cool at room temperature for a couple hours then cover and chill in fridge.
- Best served cold.