This Easy 2 Ingredient Paleo Jam is so delicious, sweetened only with fruit, and is made in under 20 minutes. It's a healthy twist on traditional fruit preserves, featuring just two simple ingredients: berries and gelatin. This minimalist jam is a favorite among those who prefer natural, whole-food ingredients and wish to avoid added sugars or artificial sweeteners.
When I first saw chia jam all over Pinterest I thought it was such a great idea. I made a batch and quickly learned that my husband can't tolerate chia seeds- bummer!! That was the end of that. I knew there had to be another easy option and I was right. I love gelatin and how it has so many uses- and used in this jam it gives just the right thickness without being too jelly.
I used a mixture of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries. I think it's sweet enough as is, but if your berries aren't that sweet then you may want to add a tablespoon or 2 of honey or maple syrup. Of course that makes it so it's no longer Whole30. You can use any mixture of berries or just one if you want. This recipe is super flexible in that way.
So 2 ingredients are all you need for some seriously delicious jam! No need for store bought again. I pureed it using an immersion blender, but you can leave it chunky if you want. Chucks of real fruit are so delicious!
Another great thing about this jam is that fresh and frozen fruit work equally as good. So although some berries are in season right now, this can also be made in the winter when they aren't. So freeze some of those amazing berries now and be all set for the coming months 🙂
You will love how easy, quick, and delicious this jam is!
I always buy my gelatin from Perfect Supplements- it's tasteless and a great price. Use code "JAY10" for 10% off your order.
Easy 2 Ingredient Paleo Jam
- 3 ½ cups mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons grass-fed gelatin
- Add the berries to a saucepan and cook on medium until broken down and juices are released, about 10 minutes. Mash with a wooden spoon or potato masher as they cook.
- While the berries are cooking, make gelatin mixture. In a small bowl mix the gelatin and water together until smooth. Set aside.
- Turn off heat and blend the berries with an immersion blender if you want it smooth. Or you can leave it with chicks of berries if you'd like.
- Turn the heat on low and add gelatin mixture, stir until fully incorporated.
- Cook for 5 minutes then pour into a mason jar.
- Let cool for an hour then place the lid on and refrigerate.