These Paleo Caramel Cashew Bars are easy to make, rich, and so good! A shortbread layer topped with a fudge-like layer that is sweet and packed with buttery cashews. They are gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and naturally sweetened.
Caramel and cashew is such a good combo and it totally delivers in these bars.
The crust is a simple shortbread made of almond and coconut flour, maple syrup and coconut oil. I've used it for many recipes and it's so great. Not overly sweet, comes together quickly and is tender like traditional shortbread. This is the only part of the recipe that requires baking.
Paleo Caramel Topping
The topping is no-bake and is so simple. It's a cheater caramel which means no boiling and trying to get it perfect. Just mix the cashew butter, maple syrup and coconut oil together and it turns into a dreamy mixture. The cashews are stirred in and they add great crunch. The butteriness from the cashews and sweetness of the caramel is the perfect combination.
It is important to use cashews that don't have peanut or canola oil added. You can use raw, which is easy to find, or dry roasted. My personal favorite cashew butter is Georgia Grinders. It's rich and super smooth and works so great in these bars.
Vegan Cookie Bars
Because there is no dairy or eggs used, these bars are completely vegan. Whether you choose to eat that way or have an egg sensitivity, these are for you.
I think you will love these paleo caramel cashew bars because they are simple to make, but a decadent treat.
Here are some more cookie bars you will enjoy:
- Vegan Paleo Blueberry Pie Crumb Bars
- Paleo Sugar Cookie Bars
- Paleo Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Vegan Paleo Apple Cinnamon Bars
Paleo Caramel Cashew Bars
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir well until dough comes together. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake 20 minutes. Let fully cool.
- Make the caramel. Combine the cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir until smooth and mixed well. Add in the cashews and stir well. Add to the top of the cooled crust. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Store covered in the fridge up to 10 days.