This Paleo Whole30 Chicken Zoodle Soup is just as good as the classic, made healthier. A satisfying soup that is gluten free, dairy free, low carb and low FODMAP.
There is nothing more classic than chicken noodle soup. This version replaces the noodles with zucchini noodles and they work perfectly, giving that same taste and texture.
Low FODMAP Chicken Soup
Chicken noodle soup usually has onion and garlic, but this uses green onion and garlic oil for those flavors while keeping it low FODMAP. The fresh herbs give great flavor and freshness. You will definitely not feel like you're missing out with this version.
If you don't need it low FODMAP, feel free to use a sweet onion, fresh garlic, chopped celery and bone broth.
Using Bone-In chicken gives this soup lots of flavor. It creates a broth, even in the short cooking time. You could use boneless skinless chicken, but it won't have as much flavor. It still cooks quickly, even with the bone, so that's not a big deal. I used thighs for this, but chicken breast can be used if that's what you prefer. It may take a couple more minutes of cook time if they are very thick.
My daughter always loves helping me with pictures, so here's her favorite shot. The hands around the bowl 🙂 I thick you will love this paleo Whole30 chicken zoodle soup because it's quick and comforting.
Here are some more soups you will love:
- Whole30 Paleo Zuppa Toscana
- Paleo Whole30 Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Whole30 Paleo Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Paleo Whole30 Lasagna Soup
Paleo Whole30 Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Place the chicken in a large stock pot and cover with water. Add in the salt, carrots, green onion, garlic oil, rosemary, and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium/low, cover and cook 20 minutes. Keep mixture cooking and remove the chicken to a cutting board.
- While the soup is cooking, make the zucchini noodles. Using a spiralizer, make the zoodles and place on a plate until ready to add. If desired, chop the noodles roughly so the pieces aren't too long.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, until you can handle the meat. Remove skin and remove the chicken from the bone. Chop up the big pieces. Place all meat back in the soup along with the zucchini noodles and cook 5-10 more minutes.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge up to 6 days.