These Paleo Carrot Cake Scones are easy to make and so delicious! All the flavors of carrot cake packed in a handheld dip-able treat. Gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
Now I know scones aren’t traditional Easter food, but you need options! Maybe you’re hosting family and need a quick breakfast to serve. Or maybe you just love carrot cake and it doesn’t matter if it’s Easter or not, you want some delicious scones that taste like carrot cake, but are way easier.
Theses scones are packed full of goodness! Shredded carrots, chopped pecans, and shredded coconut. They are hearty, but won’t weigh you down. They are lightly sweetened and perfectly acceptable for breakfast along side your coffee or tea.
You will love how quick and easy these are. The dough is mixed by hand then divided in half. Each half is pressed into a circle then cut into 6 slices. They are separated and baked and ready to eat. They can be topped with a coconut butter drizzle if you want. It makes them prettier and feel more like dessert.
I would say these are a healthy dessert/breakfast/snack. They are made with almond flour which has protein and healthy fats, they are sweetened with coconut sugar which won’t spike your blood sugar, and they even have carrots in them! A veggie 🙂
I shared these with my dad who does not eat paleo, but happily ate them right up. Which means they are good, not just good for being paleo.
If you love carrot cake then you will love these scones. Easy to make and so tasty. Craving more carrot cake? Here are a couple more recipes: Paleo Carrot Cake Bread and Paleo Carrot Cake Coffee Cake.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Carrot Cake Scones
- 2 1/2 Cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, fresh if possible
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots, about 3 medium
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut sugar, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and baking soda. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Add in the eggs and ghee and stir until dough forms. Add in the shredded carrots and combine well. Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Roll each half in a ball and place them both on the baking sheet. Press them down gently until they are about 6 inches wide and 1 inch thick. Cut each circle into 6 even triangles. Gently separate them and bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Once scones are cooled, make glaze. In a small bowl combine the coconut butter, honey, and almond milk. Stir until smooth and drizzle over scones.
Leave a Comment