This Healthy Carrot Cake Loaf is grain free, naturally sweetened, and amazingly delicious! So moist, spiced just right and topped with a goat cheese cream cheese frosting.
Paleo Carrot Cake Loaf
Minus the frosting, this bread is paleo. A mixture of almond and coconut flours are used, sweetened with maple syrup and the use of cashew butter really takes it to the next level. Almond or pecan butter could also be used, but cashew is my favorite since it’s mild in flavor and very rich. The add-ins like raisins and nuts are optional so choose what you love. You could definitely make this without the frosting if you can’t tolerate goat cheese.
This bread is so simple to make and comes together quickly. Shredding the carrots is the most time consuming part and that just takes a couple minutes. It is all mixed in a bowl and ready to bake in no time. It is essentially carrot cake in bread form, but like most of my desserts, not as sweet as traditional carrot cake.
Goat Cheese Cream Cheese Frosting
After making my gluten free cheesecake coffee cake that has a goat cheese cream cheese layer baked in, I knew I needed to make more recipes with that delicious creation. With it being spring I knew carrot cake would be a good choice since cream cheese pairs perfectly with it. It’s so so delicious, sweet while still being a little tangy- you will love it! The biggest issue is making sure to whisk it until it’s smooth because goat cheese like to stay clumpy. I just used a small whisk and it worked great.
I know you will love this healthy carrot cake loaf because it’s sweet, moist, and simple to make. Here are some more carrot cake recipes to try:
- Paleo Nut Free Carrot Cake Bars
- Vegan Paleo Carrot Cake Bars
- Paleo Carrot Cake Coffee Cake
- Vegan Paleo Carrot Cake Bites (no-bake)
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Healthy Carrot Cake Loaf
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or almond milk) room temperature
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup packed shredded carrots 2 large
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 oz goat cheese log
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Make the bread. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Add in the cashew butter, coconut milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla. Stir well. Add in the carrots, raisins and pecans (if using). Stir until evenly incorporated. Scoop into the prepared pan, smoothing evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 min, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Mine was a little under done, but that's how I like it. Let cool before frosting.
- Make the frosting. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla. Mix really well, a whisk is best, until completely smooth. Spread over bread.
- Store any leftover bread covered in the fridge.
Leave a Comment