These Paleo Chewy Granola Bars are a great grab and go breakfast. Easy to make and so delicious! They are gluten free, dairy free, and sweetened only with honey. You will love them!
These bars are so easy to make and come together quickly. The most time consuming part is chopping the nuts and that’s not too bad. I used pecans and almonds, but you can use whatever nuts you have on hand. I was thinking how good these would be with cashews! Once they are baked they are thick, chewy, and just so good!
These are so soft and chewy. One important tip is to pack them tightly- press them down in the pan before baking, after baking, and even press them together after cutting if needed. This helps ensure they stay together if you’re carrying them around.
The chocolate drizzle is optional, but makes it look so pretty. They’re definitely sweeter that way and more dessert-like. These are so good on their own though! Packed with chopped nuts, coconut, and honey they are a great snack that will satisfy your hunger and are sweet, but just the right amount of sweetness 🙂
I want to answer a couple questions I may get. If you do have any others, let me know in the comments section below.
Can I replace the honey with another sweetener?
-Unfortunately, no. The stickiness of the honey is needed to help hold these bars together.
Can they be made egg free?
-Possibly. I haven’t tried it myself, but a flax or chia egg may work.
Can I use different nuts/nut butter?
-Yes! Just make sure the measurements are the same and it should work great.
What is the calorie count per bar?
All the nutrition facts are in the recipe card 🙂
You may also enjoy my Paleo Cinnamon Granola or Paleo Pumpkin Granola.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Chewy Granola Bars
- 2 cups finely chopped nuts I used raw almonds and pecans
- 2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt if nuts aren’t salted
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine nuts, coconut, cinnamon, salt, and almond flour.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut oil, honey, and almond butter. Microwave for 10-20 seconds if needed to get smooth.
- Pour coconut oil mixture on the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Add the egg and stir again.
- Dump mixture into the prepared pan and press down to make very firm, as evenly as possible. This is an important step to get them to hold together.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes, the edges will be slightly brown. Once removed from the oven, press down again using a spatula.
- Once cool, cut into 10 bars. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 10 second intervals until smooth and drizzle over bars if desired.
- Store covered at room temperature.
Leave a Comment