This Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is so moist, packed with chocolate chips and easy to make! Gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened- a treat that everyone will love!
Zucchini bread is a summer classic. I've been making it since I first learned to bake and I just love how much moisture shredded zucchini adds to the quick bread. I decided to go the chocolate chip route since they always seem to make everything better. 🙂 I used Enjoy Life dairy free mini chips to keep this dairy free.
This bread is super easy to make. Shredding the zucchini is what takes the longest and even that is quick. Everything is mixed in one bowl, making clean up super easy. The combination of almond flour and tapioca flour gives this bread the best texture. It's moist and soft, not spongey like some paleo baked goods.
I measured the zucchini in cups, not number of zucchinis because the size can vary so much. I've seen them super little and ones almost as big as my arm. It should take about 2 medium zucchinis, but if you have some in your garden or from the farmers market that are on the larger side, it will probably only take 1.
Speaking of zucchini- I never peel mine because the skin is so soft you can't taste it or notice it. It does have a few green specks throughout the bread though and if you're baking for picky eaters you may want to peel them to make it less noticeable.
Naturally Sweetened Bread
This bread is naturally sweetened with coconut sugar. It's not overly sweet and is balanced perfectly with the chocolate chips. It makes a great snack or even breakfast.
This chocolate chip zucchini bread is one of my favorite treats and I think you'll love it as well! Super easy to make and so delicious! Here are some more quick breads you will enjoy:
- Best Paleo Banana Bread
- Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Paleo Carrot Cake Bread
- Apple Pie Crumb Bread
- Paleo Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bread
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the zucchini in a medium bowl (the bowl you shredded into) and press it gently with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. It doesn't need to be squeezed hard, just a little moisture needs to be removed.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Stir well.
- Add in the coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Fold in the shredded zucchini until evenly mixed.
- Add in the chocolate chips, stir, and pour into the prepared pan. Top with additional chocolate chips and bake for 50-53 minutes. Top should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Enjoy right away or at room temperature. All leftovers are best kept in the fridge.