These Paleo Whole30 Crab Cake Waffles are quick and delicious! Perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside every time. Gluten free, dairy free, and low fodmap.
Have you ever made crab cakes and they just came out okay? Not amazing or even great. Yeah, me too. My issue is always getting a good crunch on the outside and making sure the inside is cooked all the way through. Flipping them is also not my favorite.
Well, using a waffle maker is such an awesome hack. It makes pretty little grooves in the cake while also making them crunchy. The inside is done and no flipping required- yay! Thanks to this simple method I know I’ll be making crab cakes more often.
I was afraid they were going to stick like crazy to the waffle maker and it would forever taste like seafood. But they didn’t at all. I even made a batch with no oil or spray and they came off perfectly.
The fresh herbs, lemon juice, and spices pair perfectly with the crab. They are fresh, and light tasting. I use Primal Palate’s New Bae Seasoning which I love because it’s low FODMAP (this is not sponsored in any way by them- I bought it with my own money). If you use a different bay seasoning just check for clean ingredients.
The mixture is easy to make- my 2 year old helped dump and mix everything so I know it’s simple. It can even be made a day ahead and refrigerated until needed. I did that since I wanted the cakes fresh, but wanted the work done when I had time. And it really only takes about 5 minutes of prep time with the chopping and squeezing- so quick!
You will love these crab cakes because they are fast and so flavorful! They make a great lunch or dinner and would be perfect for summer when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
THIS is the waffle maker I have and love. It’s affordable and works great.
- A little note on the crab meat. Make sure to check ingredients for nothing unwanted. Some brands include sugar and other undesirable ingredients. I used Crown Prince which is Wild Caught and has great ingredients.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Crab Cake Waffles
- 2 6oz cans wild caught crab, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (or green onion)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, packed
- 1 teaspoon garlic oil*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon paleo mayo
- 1 teaspoon New Bae Seasoning
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- In a large bowl, combine crab, eggs, chives, parsley, garlic oil, lemon juice, mayo, seasoning, and almond flour. Stir well until everything is evenly mixed.
- Heat your waffle maker up. Mine has a little light that goes off when it’s preheated. Read the instruction manual for yours to know when it’s ready.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even patties, they should each be about 1/2 cup. Place 2 patties (or how ever many fit on your waffle maker) on the waffle maker and close. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown on the outside. Carefully remove them and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 2.
- Serve with extra lemon slices and more mayo if desired.
Leave a Comment