This Paleo Instant Pot Pulled Pork in melt in your mouth good! Moist, tender, and so flavorful. Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, and low fodmap.
I made this twice- once with pork loin and once with pork butt (shoulder). Both came out flavorful, but the butt has so much more moisture thanks to the fat. The loin just seemed a little too dry and begged for sauce. These pictures are WITHOUT sauce and you can see how juicy it is. You can add your favorite barbecue sauce on it if you want, but it doesn’t necessarily need it.
The Instant Pot pulls through again. Making the pork juicy and tender in just 40 minutes! You do want to let it naturally release to avoid dry or tough meat. Then shred it in the pot, and cook it down for 10 minutes to let the meat really soak up those juices.
There is no sugar added to this at all making it totally Whole30 compliant. No dates, or juice or anything! Usually pulled pork is loaded with extra sugar between the rub and the sauce, but leaving it out just means letting the other flavors shine through. You also have tastebuds that have changed, or are changing, and don’t need all that sweetener.
Like most recipes lately, this is low fodmap which means no onion or garlic. I did use garlic oil plus lots of seasonings so it’s definitely not bland. You can use a chopped onion and fresh garlic if you want- that would be delicious!
This would be good served over a sweet potato, or white potato, or make a salad/bowl like we did. It makes leftovers for days so it’s perfect for meal prep 🙂
Here are more Instant Pot recipes you’ll enjoy: Paleo Beef Barbacoa (Chipotle Copycat), Paleo Whole30 Chicken Curry, Paleo Whole30 Pot Roast.
It’s not needed, but if you want to make some barbecue sauce to go along with this, here is my popular Paleo Whole30 Barbecue Sauce (not low fodmap).
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 3-4 pounds pork butt
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil*
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons water
- Cut the pork into large chunks- about 7 or 8 total. Place in the instant pot and top with garlic oil.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne. Mix and dump over pork. Stir to make sure all the pork is covered in the seasoning. Add in the water and place the top on.
- Make sure the valve is closes, hit the “manual” button and increase time to 40 minutes. Let cook.
- Once done cooking, let natural release for at least 10 minutes. Hit “cancel” and release the pressure valve. Carefully open the top and shred the pork completely.
- Hit “sauté” and cook down for 10 minutes.
Leave a Comment