This Gluten Free Instant Pot Oatmeal is so easy to make and filling. It is thick, hearty, nourishing and delicious! Make a batch and have quick breakfasts ready all week.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
I usually keep recipes paleo or whole30 here, because that’s how we eat. But we recently discovered that my husband can tolerate soaked gluten free oats and so I wanted to share this recipe. It’s been a stable in our house and I think you’ll love it.
I like to think of paleo as a great guideline, but it’s not going to look the same for everyone. We don’t eat any processed food or sugar, but there is a lot of food that is paleo that my husband can’t have- like garlic, onions, mushrooms, cabbage, apples, pears, blackberries, honey and so much more! So when we find a real food that works for him, he eats it. That includes organic white rice and this gluten free soaked oatmeal.
These oats are soaked for 24 hours in a water/vinegar mix. It helps break down their starches and makes them so much easier to digest. It reduces their phytic acid (an anti-nutrient) and allows your body to break them down better. So, if you don’t digest oats well, try soaking them and that may change! It only takes a couple minutes the day before for a big batch.
I love using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats because they are processed in a separate dedicated facility and lab tested to verify their gluten free integrity. How great is that! I can always count on them for high quality, tasty products. And they are super easy to find in almost any grocery store, not just health food stores.
This is a very basic recipe. Like a blank slate. Add your favorite sweetener, add-ins and toppings. I went with sunflower butter, fresh berries, and hemp seeds. My childhood favorite was butter, maple syrup and raisins.
HERE is the Instant Pot I have and love!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Gluten Free Instant Pot Oatmeal
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened dairy free milk or water (I use Malk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 hours before cooking, combine oats, water, and vinegar in a large bowl. Stir, cover, and let sit for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, dump oatmeal into a fine mesh strainer and rinse well, until the water runs mostly clear, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the oats to the Instant Pot and add the dairy free milk and salt. Stir, put the lid on, and close the valve. Hit the "manual" button and reduce the time to 4 minutes. Once cooking is up, hit "cancel", release the pressure and stir.
- This is the point where you can add in a sweetener if desired. Serve right away or store in the fridge. It may look a little thin right after cooking, but it thickens up.
Leave a Comment