This Paleo Whole30 Philly Cheesesteak Breakfast Casserole is a hearty dish that is packed with veggies and flavor. It’s gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free.
This breakfast has all the flavors of a Philly cheesesteak, but packed in an egg bake. Ground beef is used to keep it simple and quick. Sautéed green pepper, onion and mushrooms are the veggies used that are tasty and will help keep you full.
This is the seventh month of my healthy baking challenge. I know it’s not baking, but I’m doing 2 Whole30 recipes this month and will be bake to baking next month. In December I shared the Paleo Cinnamon Candied Almonds and Paleo Cranberry Bliss Bars. It was so fun to see all the recreations of those recipes and I can’t wait to see these this month. Here are the instructions to enter:
- Make this recipe between January 1st-31st
- Once you make it, take a picture and post it on Instagram, Facebook, or email it to me: email@example.com (you don’t need to do all 3). If posting to Instagram, use the #realfoodbakingchallenge hashtag so I can find it. If your profile is private, send me a DM. If using Facebook, just post to my page and I’ll see it.
- Bonus entry if you come back and leave a review on the recipe you made
- I’ll randomly choose a winner to win $100 Amazon gift card. Yay!
- I also shared Paleo Whole30 Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken and if you make both recipes you are entered twice! Then we’ll start over the next month. I’m looking forward to seeing all the recreations.
Dairy Free Sauce
The “cheese” is actually a quick sauce made from mayo, coconut aminos, and some seasoning. It gives creaminess and more flavor and is way easier than making a paleo cheese sauce. The color is a little different in the pictures. It’s pretty white right when drizzled, but melts a little and turns a darker color after sitting for a minute.
Here are some more Whole30 and paleo breakfasts that you will enjoy:
- Paleo Whole30 Sausage Zucchini Breakfast Casserole
- Paleo Whole30 Sausage Gravy
- Paleo Whole30 BLT Egg Bake
- Paleo Whole30 Greek Breakfast Casserole
This paleo Whole30 Philly cheesesteak breakfast casserole is a great meal to prep ahead for the week and then breakfast will be ready in the morning.
I think you’ll love it and don’t forget to come back and leave a comment for an extra entry 🙂
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Philly Cheesesteak Breakfast Casserole
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup paleo mayo
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Add the avocado oil to a large skillet and add in the peppers, onion, mushrooms, salt, and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add in the ground beef and coconut aminos and cook about 10 minutes, until the beef is cooked through. The mixture may be a little watery, that is okay.
- Scoop mixture into the prepared pan.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and scramble until all the yolks are broken and it's mixed well. Pour over the meat and veggie mixture. Mix together a little and then bake 40-45 minutes, until the center is set.
- While the eggs are baking, make the drizzle topping. In a small bowl, mix the mayo, coconut aminos, garlic powder and onion powder together. Drizzle over the eggs when serving.
Leave a Comment