These Paleo Whole30 Salmon Cake Waffles are healthy, delicious, and so quick! Gluten free, dairy free, low fodmap, and low carb.
Once I made my Paleo Crab Cake Waffles, I knew I would be making other varieties and these did not disappoint! The fresh dill and lemon juice pair perfectly with the salmon. They are light and packed with flavor.
I will admit that canned salmon does not sound the most appetizing, but what starts as something ordinary turns into a flavorful, very appetizing meal! You definitely want to use high quality canned salmon- I use Wild Planet and the taste and texture is great.
These waffles come together quickly and are ready in just minutes. Everything is mixed together in a bowl, then they are pattied out and ready to cook. And that only takes a few minutes! The waffle maker cooks them perfectly every time and no worrying about flipping. I have already used my waffle maker more for savory waffles than sweet.
My husband thought they they could use a little sauce, so I added some chopped dill to mayo and called it good. They don't NEED it though. A fresh squeeze of lemon juice on top also works great.
These are low-fodmap which means no onion or garlic is used, but they are still flavorful from the green onion (green parts only) and garlic oil, and of course the fresh dill and lemon juice. If you don't need them to be low fodmap then you can use some garlic powder in place of the oil.
You will love these Salmon Cakes because they are so quick and easy and make a great healthy meal. Crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside.
HERE is the waffle maker I have and love. Very affordable and works great.
Paleo Whole30 Salmon Cake Waffles
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, eggs, dill, green onion, garlic oil, lemon juice, mayo, salt, and almond flour. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Heat your waffle maker up. Mine has a little light that goes off when it's preheated. Read the instruction manual for yours to know when it's ready.
- Form 4-5 equal patties- this depends on the size of your waffle maker. I didn’t want to overfill mine.
- Place 2 patties (or how ever many fit on your waffle maker) on the waffle maker and close. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown on the outside. Carefully remove them and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 3.
- Serve with extra lemon slices and more mayo if desired