These Thick and Gooey Brownies have that awesome crackly top, ooey gooey fudgy center, and are loaded with chocolate chunks. So much chocolate it will make you weak in the knees.
I read so many brownie recipes during this little taste-test. I’d say probably close to a hundred! Crazy, right? They were all pretty similar until I came across this one. It had an interesting ingredient that I hadn’t seem before and it made me want to try them- cornstarch!! I love cornstarch in cookies because it helps them stay chewy and thick, so I was curious what it would do to brownies. Well, I’m not exactly sure what it was, but they are delicious.
These are ultra rich and fudgy. If you’re the kind of person who believes in chocolate, more chocolate, with a side of chocolate- then these are for you! Every bite is packed with chocolate chunks surrounded by dense, chocolatey brownie.
-stays fresh for days
-simple ingredients and easy to make
-VERY rich! Which can be a good thing. A little goes a long way!
-They only make an 8×8 pan and I usually like to make more so I can share. I’m sure the recipe can be doubled though.
Thick & Gooey Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, add sugar and stir for 1-2 minutes. Sift in the cocoa powder, stir and let in cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into a large bowl and add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Add in the vanilla and coffee. Add in the flour, cornstarch, and salt and mix until no flour packets remain.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or the center is set. The toothpick test doesn't work well on these brownies because of the chocolate chunks.
- Let fully cook before removing from pan and cutting.