These Paleo Nut-Free Chocolate Brownie Cookies have only 3 ingredients and are so easy to make. They are rich and super chocolatey. Sweetened only with dates and they also are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and vegan.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
These are like a healthy take on a childhood cookie. My mom used to make brownie cookies from a box mix. They were simple and I always loved them. These remind me so much of them because they are rich and filled with chocolate. Maybe comparing them to a box mix isn’t the best, but I promise you it’s a good thing.
I came up with this idea and I wasn’t sure if it was actually going to work. Combine dates, SunButter, and unsweetened chocolate in a blender, form into cookies and bake. I was taking a gamble and they came out better than I imagined. I ate the whole batch myself in 3 days and then made more. They’re THAT good! Definitely my favorite cookie currently and I have no plans of stopping making them.
These are only sweetened with dates which I seem to tolerate better than any other sweetener. The first time I made them I did use an Eating Evolved chocolate bar, but they were a little too sweet and I wanted them to just get their sweetness from the dates so I bought some unsweetened chocolate chips and they came out perfect. HERE are the chocolate chips I use and love.
Egg free, Nut free, and Vegan
I know so many people have egg allergies or intolerance so I tried these with no egg and they work great. Using No Sugar Added SunButter (my favorite!) keeps these nut free which means they are perfect for packing in school lunches. I of course love the simple ingredients in the SunButter as well (sunflower seeds and salt) which is why I always use it. And they are vegan since no animal products are used. You really can’t go wrong with these cookies!
These cookies are rich, sweet, and so delicious! I know you will love them. Here are a couple other Nut Free, Egg Free, Vegan recipes you will love: Paleo Nut Free Vegan Snickers Pie, Paleo Vegan Chocolate and SunButter Pudding, and Paleo No Bake SunButter Chocolate Bars.
Paleo Nut-Free Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Place about 1 1/2 cups water in a small-medium bowl and warm up until hot. Place the dates in the water and let soak 5-10 minutes to become soft. Remove them from the water and place them in a food processor or blender and add the sunbutter. Blend until combined. It may not be super smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and vanilla and blend until a dough forms. The heat of the food processor will melt the chocolate and it will combine evenly. Keep blending if the chips aren't melted.
- Remove the blade and divide the dough into 12 equal size balls. Press down to about 1/2 inch thick and top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake 9-10 minutes. Do not bake any longer as these are very easy to overbake.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days and then in the fridge after that.