This Paleo Vegan Chocolate and SunButter Pudding is a delicious no-bake treat that everyone will love. It is creamy, rich, healthy, and easy to make. Gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
Did you ever make pudding as a kid? The instant kind that was mixed with milk and magically thickened in 3 minutes? Yeah, I’ve made my fair share of that. There is something nostalgically good about that stuff, but these 2 puddings are even better! While they are a little (not much) more work than that, I promise none of the preservatives, sugar, or dairy! It is still no-bake, with just a blender being used.
This is a 2-for-1 recipe. You make the base which is a mixture of dates, coconut milk, coconut sugar, and coconut oil and blend that until smooth. Half of the mixture is removed and SunButter is added and the remaining mixture gets cacao powder added.
I know people have strong feelings about dates and coconut milk both. Well I have good news, you cannot taste either- I promise! When it’s just the base you can taste them, but once the chocolate and SunButter are added, those flavors override the dates and coconut.
I was crossing my fingers that the puddings would set up properly with no gelatin or thickener and they totally did! I think it’s mainly the coconut milk, but they both got very thick. Of course, setting at room temperature they will soften a little, but not so much where they become liquidy. These would be such a fun addition to a school lunchbox and put those store bought pudding cups to shame!
I love both the flavors, but if I had to choose just one I would pick the SunButter. It reminds me of peanut butter pudding, which I don’t thick I have ever had, but it is so creamy and perfectly sweet. I used the No Sugar Added SunButter which is my family’s personal favorite- only 2 simple ingredients, sunflower seeds and salt.
You will love this easy, healthy pudding. Smooth, rich, and so delicious! HERE is the blender I use and love and it’s very affordable.
You may also be interested in my Paleo Banana Pudding.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Vegan Chocolate and SunButter Pudding
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup packed dates about 12 medjool, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 2/3 cup No Sugar Added SunButter
- Place the coconut milk in a large microwave safe dish (I use a glass measuring cup) and heat for 15 seconds, just to warm a little.
- Pour coconut milk into a high powered blender. Add the dates, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Blend on high until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups of the mixture into a medium bowl and set aside. Add the cacao powder to the remaining mixture in the blender and blend again until smooth. About 1 minute. Pour into a glass container, cover and store in the fridge.
- To the remaining mixture, stir in the SunButter until fully combined. Just stirring with a spoon is sufficient, no need to blend it. Pour into a separate glass container, cover, and store in the fridge.
- To serve, layer puddings as desired or eat separate.
Leave a Comment