These Paleo Soft Pumpkin Cookies are easy to make and incredibly delicious! A thick pumpkin cookie, spiced just right and topped with a sweet frosting. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
My first pumpkin recipe of the year! I am always so ready for fall by the time September gets here. I’ve already been testing new pumpkin recipes and you are going to love these cookies!
The cookie itself is soft and pillowy and perfectly spiced. I almost thought they were too soft, but I think soft cookies are the best and the frosting adds a little texture so that’s highly recommended. The frosting is coconut butter (not oil), maple syrup, and a little water to thin it out. It’s simple and adds a little extra sweetness.
Room Temperature Ingredients
These are easy to make with ingredients you probably have on hand. An important tip is to make sure everything is room temperature. This makes the ingredients mix well. If the egg and maple syrup are cold then it will make the coconut harden. To quickly warm the egg, fill a cup with hot water and place the egg in there while you measure out the dry ingredients. By the time you add the egg, it will be room temperature.
A rare picture of my daughter eating a cookie! She’s not into baked goods usually, but liked these a lot! I never have her try something just for a picture, it’s always up to her. And she gladly tried these.
I hope you add these Paleo Soft Pumpkin Cookies to your baking list. I think you’ll love how simple and tasty they are.
Paleo Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add in the egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, and pumpkin. Mix well until no dry spots remain.
- Divide into 10 spoonfuls, about 1 heaping tablespoons each. Roll into a ball and press down slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool and then add the frosting.
- Once cool, make the frosting. In a small bowl, combine coconut butter, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla. Stir and add water as needed to thin out. It should be thick enough to spoon on the cookie and not run off.
- These are best kept in the fridge.