These Paleo Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars are thick, spiced just right, and so delicious! With just a few ingredients these bars can be whipped up. They’re gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened, and low FODMAP.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
When I made these I was thinking they would turn out like a cookie bar, but then the inside was the exact texture of pumpkin pie and I wasn’t mad about it. I love pumpkin pie and thought the texture was perfect, especially combined with the crumb topping. I get lots of requests for nut-free or almond flour-free desserts so I hope you love these as much as I do.
Pumpkin is a limit food so you can have the whole pan, but these bars are low FODMAP. The SunButter, maple syrup, coconut flout and pecans are all foods that are tolerated.
Using No Sugar Added SunButter as the base of these bars gives them substance while keeping them nut free. I did add chopped pecans to the topping, but that can easily be left off or replaced with sunflower seeds.
I will say that the SunButter is the base to these, but pumpkin is the dominant flavor. They definitely taste like a pumpkin pie bar but with the benefits of the SunButter making them rich, hearty, and keeping them nut free.
Small Serving Size
This just makes a loaf pan of bars which isn’t a lot. If you’re feeding many people then you may want to double it for a 8×8 pan. They are thick and you can easily cut them into 8 pieces, but it’s not the usual bigger pan that I make. It’s kind of nice if you’re only cooking for yourself or a couple people.
These Paleo Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars are such a delicious treat that taste like pie, but so much easier to make! I know you will love them!
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars
- 3/4 cup No Sugar Added SunButter
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans*
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2-2.5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the SunButter, pumpkin, maple syrup, egg, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, vanilla, and coconut flour. Mix well until mixture is smooth and no dry spots remain. Scoop into the pan and spread evenly.
- Make the crumb topping. In a small bowl combine the pecans, maple syrup, ghee, coconut flour and salt. Mix well until combined. It should be a little crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the pumpkin layer and gently press down to make sure it stays.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until the top is lightly brown. You can eat them right away or let cool and store in the fridge for a pumpkin pie flavor.