These Paleo Cookie Dough Topped Brownies are a decadent treat. Rich, fudgy brownies topped with an egg-free cookie dough. They are gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened and taste incredible!
My brothers birthday is in September and I asked him what he wanted as a treat and this is what he picked. Not a bad choice! I of course couldn’t get it up in time for his birthday, but the brownies were delivered on time and that is what’s important.
Let’s talk about this delicious treat! Any chocolate lover or cookie dough lover will go crazy for these!
Easy Paleo Brownies
These brownies are rich and fudgy and so irresistible. My go-to when brownie and good even on their own. Sweetened with maple syrup or honey (I’ve made them both ways) and easy to whip up.
Edible Cookie Dough Topping
This edible cookie dough is good enough to make and eat on it’s own, but when it’s added to the fudgy brownies it takes it over the top! It took a couple times making it to get it just right. I use maple sugar in it to keep the color light, but you can use coconut sugar if you already have it. The color will just be a little darker than pictured. The addition of baking soda may seem silly, but it gives it that traditional taste that you know and love. Everything is mixed together and it’s ready in just minutes. The ghee really gives it that buttery cookie flavor, but butter flavored coconut oil can also be used if there’s a dairy allergy.
You do want to make sure the brownies and baked and cooled before topping them. Not hard, but needs a little planning ahead.
I hope you try these paleo cookie dough topped brownies. They make a great special treat and are easy to make.
Paleo Cookie Dough Topped Brownies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
Cookie Dough Topping
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 tablespoons ghee, melted**
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 8x8 (or 9x9) pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut oil and chocolate. Heat oven medium heat, whisking until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain. Take off the heat and stir in the honey. This should cause the mixture to slightly thicken. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the cacao powder, coconut flour, and salt. Mix until no dry pockets remain. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Let fully cool before topping with cookie dough.
- In a medium bowl, combined almond flour, coconut flour, maple sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix well. Add in the ghee, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix until dough forms. Mix in the chocolate chips. Spread evenly over the cooled brownies.
- Store brownies covered in the fridge to keep fresh.