These Paleo Vegan Cinnamon Candied Almonds are sweet, crunchy, and so delicious! A great snack or treat that is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and naturally sweetened.
This recipe is based off one that my mom used to make all the time. I just adapted it to make it dairy free and refined sugar-free. It’s still just as delicious and so simple. When I was making these, UPS stopped by to drop off a package and he commented on how great my house smelled. That is one of the best parts of these. The house smells amazing and then you are rewarded with the most tasty snack once they’re done.
This is the sixth month of my healthy baking challenge. I skipped a couple months due to being so busy. In November I shared Paleo Whole30 Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Paleo Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bread. It was so fun to see all the recreations of those recipes and I can’t wait to see these this month. Here are the instructions to enter:
- Make this recipe between December 1st-31st
- Once you make it, take a picture and post it on Instagram, Facebook, or email it to me: [email protected] (you don’t need to do all 3). If posting to Instagram, use the #realfoodbakingchallenge hashtag so I can find it. If your profile is private, send me a DM. If using Facebook, just post to my page and I’ll see it.
- Bonus entry if you come back and leave a review on the recipe you made
- I’ll randomly choose a winner to win $100 Amazon gift card. Yay!
- I also will share another recipe and if you make both recipes you are entered twice! Then we’ll start over the next month. I’m looking forward to seeing all the recreations.
Egg Free and Vegan
These are egg free and vegan making them great for people with dietary restrictions or choices. Most cinnamon almonds use a beaten egg white and I was considering trying a version like that, but glad I stuck with my moms recipe made over.
These are candied almonds, but I’m sure any nut will work. Use your favorite choice.
I know you will love these paleo vegan cinnamon candied almonds because they are simple and so snackable.
Paleo Vegan Cinnamon Candied Almonds
- Preheat oven to 300° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Measure the almonds out into a bowl so they are ready to add. Mix the topping together in a small bowl.
- In a large sauce pan, combine coconut sugar, almond milk, cinnamon and salt. Heat over medium heat until it boils and then boil for 4 minutes. Add in the nuts and stir quickly, coating each nut fully.
- Spread nuts on the sheet tray in a single layer and sprinkle the topping over them. Bake 15-20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.
- Store covered at room temperature.