This Paleo Whole30 Loaded Baked Potato Soup is creamy, hearty, and makes a great side dish. Gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAP and sure to become a favorite!
This soup is thick, filling and tastes incredible. All the goodness of a loaded baked potato (minus the dairy), packed into a soup. It almost feels like a meal even though the bacon is the only meat.
Easy to Make
This soup is simple and comes together quickly. Crisp the bacon, add in the potatoes, green onion, garlic oil and water and cook until the potatoes are tender- about 15 minutes. Then some of the potatoes are removed and blended up with almond milk to make a creamy mixture. It’s added back in and this is what gives the soup the thickness. I’ve used this trick for my Paleo Whole30 Chicken Pot Pie Soup as well. It’s a great way to add use any flours and still get a hearty soup.
Low FODMAP Soup
Using green onion and garlic oil keep this soup low FODMAP. It still has so much flavor and definitely will be enjoyed by anyone. Here is an article more on low FODMAP.
If you don’t need it low FODMAP then you can use regular onion and chopped garlic or garlic powder.
This is the fifth month of my healthy baking challenge. I know it’s not baking, but I wanted a Whole30 recipe included every time so everyone could participate. I took a break for a couple months, but found the time to be ready this month. In August I shared the Paleo Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken and Paleo Raspberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake. It was so fun to see all the recreations of those recipes and I can’t wait to see these this month. Here are the instructions to enter:
- Make this recipe between November 1st-30th
- Once you make it, take a picture and post it on Instagram, Facebook, or email it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org (you don’t need to do all 3). If posting to Instagram, use the #realfoodbakingchallenge hashtag so I can find it. If your profile is private, send me a DM. If using Facebook, just post to my page and I’ll see it.
- Bonus entry if you come back and leave a review on the recipe you made
- I’ll randomly choose a winner to win $100 Amazon gift card. Yay!
- I also shared Paleo Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bread and if you make both recipes you are entered twice! Then we’ll start over the next month. I’m looking forward to seeing all the recreations.
This is such an incredible cozy soup!
I can’t wait to see you make it and make sure to come back to leave a comment here. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 4 pieces uncured bacon
- 3-4 pounds russet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 2 tablespoon garlic oil
- 6 cups water, or enough to cover the potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- Chop and cook the bacon in a large soup pot on low until crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Remove and leave the grease in the pan.
- Add in the potatoes, green onion, garlic oil, water, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook 15 minutes. Check to make sure the potatoes are tender.
- Remove about 3 cups of the potatoes to a glass measuring bowl and add in the almond milk. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. You can also use a regular blender for this part. Add the mixture back into the soup pot. Cook on medium until thickened.
Leave a Comment