This Paleo Whole30 Sweet Potato Sausage Hash is a great egg-free breakfast. A filling meal that is gluten free, dairy free, and low FODMAP.
Tender sweet potatoes, flavorful sausage, and some added veggies makes this one tasty breakfast. It’s easy to make and the whole family will love it.
I am teaming up with 5 of my favorite fellow bloggers to bring you 5 new Whole30 recipes today! Here are the recipes they’re sharing today and then below I’ll talk about mine. The link is under each picture.
Real Simple Good made Paleo Whole30 Crockpot Lasagna Soup
Mary’s Whole Life made Paleo Whole30 Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
Wholesomelicious made Buffalo Chicken Casserole with Cauliflower Rice
Paleo Running Momma made Paleo Whole30 Instant Pot Butter Chicken
The Wooden Skillet made Sunday Afternoon Roasted Chicken Soup
Those all look so good and I hope it inspired you to try a new recipe or two. A little more about my sausage hash now.
Egg Free Breakfast
I get requests often for people that are tired of eggs while doing a Whole30. I highly encourage you to eat anything for breakfast- soup, leftovers, etc, but this feels very breakfast-y with the sausage and potatoes. And if you’re not sick of eggs, serve some with this hash.
Low FODMAP Breakfast
This hash is low FOMDAP as long as you use low FODMAP sausage. My Homemade Italian Sausage would work as well as my breakfast sausage (leave out the onion and garlic). Sweet potato is a limit food, but a serving (up to 1/4 of the dish) still falls under low FODMAP.
If you don’t need low FOMDAP then use any type of sausage you like. You could also add some garlic powder for flavor.
I think you will love this paleo Whole30 sweet potato sausage hash. It’s hearty, tasty, and makes a great start to the day.
Paleo Whole30 Sweet Potato Sausage Hash
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1.5 pounds sweet potato, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sugar free breakfast sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2-4 tablespoons water, as needed
- 5 oz baby kale*
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes. Add the oil to a large skillet and add in the sweet potatoes, peppers, salt and pepper. Cook on medium for 10 minutes, until they start to become tender. Add in the breakfast sausage, and sage and cook about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- Add in the water and cook 5-10 more minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the kale and green onion and cook 5 minutes, until the kale is wilted.