This Paleo Chicken Breakfast Sausage is packed with flavor and is made in just a few minutes. It’s easy, healthy and so delicious! It will become a breakfast staple.
One of the hardest things about doing the Whole30 is finding sausage and bacon that doesn’t have added sugar or weird ingredients. I know, those things aren’t necessary foods, but they’re nice to have and add so much flavor to meals. There was only one breakfast sausage I found that was Whole30 approved, but it was at a store an hour away and it wasn’t cheap. After buying it once I knew I should just make it myself. It’s crazy how simple it is- there’s no need to ever buy it again. You could even make a double batch and freeze half of it for a quick meal.
Sage is what really gives it that signature sausage taste. I remember growing up, we made biscuits and gravy with sage sausage, so I definitely like to be generous with it- sometimes I even add extra. I like to buy fennel in the bulk section, but I just get a tiny bag of it. This is the only recipe I use it in and I don t need a whole jar.
I eat a lot of eggs and they can get boring, so this is such a great way to switch it up. This sausage has all the delicious signature spices and none of the sugar or preservatives of store bought. It is our favorite!
This sausage is good in baked eggs, in a hash, made into patties or just served along side eggs and potatoes. You will be so surprised how simple it is to make and how delicious it is! Make it once and never go back! Here are some more breakfast recipes to love:
- Paleo Sausage Zucchini Breakfast Casserole
- Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Paleo BLT Breakfast Bake
- Mexican Style Breakfast Bake
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Breakfast Sausage
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey read labels to make sure there’s no added ingredients
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for cooking
- Place coconut oil in a medium frying pan.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, sage, fennel, onion powder, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix together and cook over medium heat until fully cooked through. About 5-7 minutes.
- Eat or use as desired.
Leave a Comment