These delicious Paleo Banana Breakfast Bars are a great alternative to oatmeal and so simple to make. Naturally sweetened and no oil or butter makes them a healthy grain free option for breakfast or dessert.
I used to make baked oatmeal every week for breakfast. A a big pan would be made on Sunday and be eaten through Friday. I loved how easy and delicious it was. Now that oatmeal is not in my diet, I knew I had to be creative. I use finely shredded coconut to give that same texture and it works so great! Even if you’re not a coconut lover, it’s worth a try because the texture is so similar.
This is such a healthy alternative for those that can’t tolerate or choose to not eat oatmeal. It is completely sweetened by the bananas and there is no oil or butter in it. The zucchini adds great moisture and a little bit of texture- it is just so good!
More reasons why you’ll love them:
- They’re mixed in one bowl so clean up is minimal!!
- They are good warm or cold!
- Another recipe to use up all that zucchini!
- It’s a nice change from eggs for breakfast.
- They’re naturally sweetened by only the bananas.
- There is no added oil or butter!
I highly suggest topping it with a drizzle of almond butter- that makes it even better!
Looking for more Paleo breakfast ideas? Check out my Paleo Breakfast Muffins and the Breakfast Pizza Quiche– both are so delicious!!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Banana Breakfast Bars
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a pie plate or 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until as smooth as desired. Not all the chunks will be gone.
- Add the zucchini, egg, almond butter, and vanilla and still well.
- Add in the cinnamon, coconut, almond flour, and salt. Stir until full combined.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and center is set. Keep in the fridge.
Leave a Comment