These Chewy Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies are soft, chewy, thick and come out perfect every time! They will become your new favorite.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Danish Creamery. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
These were my mom’s favorite cookies. She passed away in April of 2021 from cancer so making these feels special to me. I’m excited to share these and I hope they become a favorite of yours and new memories are made with them. She was specific that she liked cranberries and walnuts, but that can be switched up. I usually share gluten free, naturally sweetened recipes, but these are traditional cookies with flour and sugar. That’s what my mom liked and she never wanted them modified.
Why I love Danish Creamery
The secret to Danish Creamery’s velvety, rich butter lies in it’s old-world slow churned process. Danish Creamery’s gold-foil wrapped rBST-Free European Style Butter boasts an 85% butterfat (much higher than most other European Style butters which come in at 82-83%) making it a dream in baking applications. I knew I had to use this butter in these cookies to make them absolutely perfect for my mom. Only the best for her!
Add-ins for the oatmeal cookies
These of course have dried cranberries and walnuts in them, but you can swap those out for your favorite dried fruit, nut, chocolate chips, whatever. Just keep the quantity the same.
Gluten Free Option
I made these with all purpose flour which is how my mom liked them, but I also made them with an all purpose gluten free flour and they came out great. Then make sure to use gluten free oats.
I hope you try and love these chewy oatmeal cranberry walnut cookies as much as my mom did. It would mean so much if you left feedback when you try them and I know my mom’s favorite recipe is being enjoyed 🙂
Here are some more cookie recipes you’ll love:
Chewy Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and molasses. Stir until completely smooth. Add in the dry mixture and stir until evenly mixed. Add in the cranberries and walnuts and mix in.
- Portion cookie dough into 2 tablespoon balls and roll in between palms to make round. It will make 15 cookies.
- Space evenly on sheet trays and bake for 12-13 minutes. Press down lightly afterwards if needed. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
- If using quick oats then measurement is the same. If using rolled oats, use 1/4 cup more