These Fudgy Paleo Cookie Topped Brownies are a rich brownie bottom and sweet chocolate chip cookie on top. They bake together into one delicious dessert. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
What's better than a pan of brownies? A pan of brownies with chocolate chips cookies baked on top! These are a rich dessert that will please any chocolate lover.
I have a recipe that is brownies topped with edible cookie dough, but this is different because they are baked together forming one rich treat as opposed to two separate treats layered. Both good in their own ways, just depends on what you want.
These brownies are rich and fudgy and so irresistible. My go-to when brownie and good with so many variations. Sweetened with maple syrup or honey (I’ve made them both ways) and easy to whip up. They can be made egg free by using flax eggs in place of the eggs. They're good on there own but with the cookie on top they are incredible!
Paleo Cookie Layer
This cookie layer is based on my chocolate chip cookies from my cookbook, but a little different since I am just layering on the brownies and not scooping them into cookies. The cashew butter is important and while almond butter can be used, I feel like cashew really adds richness and recommend it if you have it. I haven't tried these with a flax egg, but since just 1 egg is used I do think it will work great.
A lot of the ingredients in both layers are repeated so don't be scared by the longish ingredient list. These are super simple to make and pretty impressive if you're looking for a fun dessert to share.
I know you will love these fudgy paleo cookie topped brownies because they are super soft and fudgy, rich, and so delicious! Here are some more dessert mash-ups to try:
- Paleo Cookie Dough Topped Brownies
- Vegan Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches
Fudgy Paleo Cookie Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 9x9 square pan with parchment paper.
- Make the cookies. In a medium bowl combine the ghee and coconut sugar and mix with a hand mixer until well combined. Add in the cashew butter and egg and mix again. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda and mix until dough is formed and it's well combined. Mix in the chocolate chips with a spoon and set aside until brownies are made.
- Make the brownies. In a medium saucepan, combine coconut oil and chocolate. Heat oven medium heat, whisking until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain. Take off the heat and stir in the honey or maple syrup. This should cause the mixture to slightly thicken. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add in the cacao powder, coconut flour, and salt. Mix until no dry pockets remain. Pour into prepared pan.
- Top the brownies with the cookie dough, spreading as evenly as possible. Bake for 20 minutes, until edges are golden brown and set. Let fully cool, then slice and enjoy.
- Best stored covered in the fridge up to 2 weeks. These also freeze great.