These Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches are a cookie dough lovers dream! Two soft chocolate chip cookies stuffed with eggless cookie dough making the ultimate sandwich. They are gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened!
I was lying in bed one morning when I dreamed these up and I couldn't wait to make them actually happen and am so happy with the results. I used the recipe for my Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies, the no-chill version and then created an amazing edible cookie dough as the filling. These are just as good as I was imagining- maybe better! They do not disappoint!
Easy to make cookies!
The ingredient list looks long, but it's a lot of repeats for both layers. Almond flour, ghee, salt, baking soda- so don't be intimidated! Coconut sugar can be used in the cookie dough layer, it will just be slightly darker in color. But no need to buy maple sugar just for this recipe. I like using it for it's light color and mild taste.
Vegan option for the cookies
Although I haven't tested it, I think a flax egg would work great in this recipe, making it egg free. And then if butter flavored coconut oil is used in place of the ghee, they would be vegan as well. If you try this, comment below so I know how it turns out! For a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons water and let it sit 5 minutes to thicken.
If you love chocolate chip cookies then you have to make these! They are simple, make the filling while the cookies bake, and just such a great treat. These are best stored in the fridge after 2 days, like all paleo baked goods, they go bad quickly at room temperature. They are good cold, straight from the fridge as well though!
I know you will love theses paleo chocolate chip cookie dough sandwiches because they are indulgent, fun, but not too sweet still. I hope these become a new family favorite! Here are some more fun cookies to try:
- Vegan Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Filled Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Paleo Soft Pumpkin Cookies
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Make the cookies. Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ghee, almond butter and coconut sugar until creamy and well mixed. Add in the egg and vanilla and stir well.
- Add in the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well until no dry spots remain and batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into 22 equal balls. Each ball should be about a heaping tablespoon. 11 will fit on each sheet. Roll each ball and evenly space them apart on the sheet. Add more chocolate chips on top if desired. Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let cool before removing them. They will be soft in the center until cool. Bake a couple extra minutes for a crunchier cookie.
- Make the cookie dough filling. In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, maple sugar salt and baking soda. Add in the ghee, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond milk and stir well until dough is formed. Add in the chocoalte chips and mix again. Once the baked cookies have fully cooled, spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture of dough between two baked cookies, sandwich together. Should make 10 sandwich cookies with two baked cookies left over.
- Store cookies covered at room temperature and then refrigerate after 2 days.