These Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars have a delicious crust, creamy cheesecake layer, tender spiced apples topped with a crumb topping and caramel. They are a must make dessert! Grain free and naturally sweetened.
After making my gluten free blueberry cheesecake bars, I knew I wanted to make an apple version. These came out so amazing and are currently my favorite dessert. I usually share my treats with my boyfriends co-workers, but decided to keep these to enjoy myself. That’s how much I love them!
My cheater caramel that I use for many recipes that is just almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup mixed together. Drizzle that on top and it makes it a decadent dessert.
Goat Cheese Cheesecake
I’ve been making lots of cheesecakes with goat cheese as the base. It has the exact same texture as cream cheese cheesecake and bakes up perfectly. I use the goat cheese logs- no need to buy anything special. Maple sugar is used just to give a light color, but coconut sugar would be just as delicious if that’s what you have. Making sure all the ingredients are room temperature is important because this will make them mix up easily and ensure no lumps remain.
Assembling the Bars
Once the crust is pressed in the pan, the cheesecake mixture is poured on top, apples added, the crumb on top of that and then they are baked. This all comes together easily and only a couple dirty bowls. A hand mixer is definitely best for making sure the cheesecake layer gets creamy and no lumps remain.
Storing Apple Cheesecake Bars
These are best kept covered in the fridge for up to 10 days. Once baked, let them cool and then place in the fridge. Because of the goat cheese they do need to be kept chilled and of course they especially taste best cold. They can be set out for a couple hours for a gathering if needed.
I know you will love these gluten free caramel apple cheesecake bars because they are loaded with apples and cinnamon. The perfect fall treat, but actually all year long! Here are some more apple desserts to enjoy:
- Paleo Apple Pie Crumb Bread
- Vegan Paleo Apple Cinnamon Bars
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Glazed Cookies
- Gluten Free Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
- Paleo Olive Oil Apple Cake
Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 8 oz goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- Make the apple filling. Add the apples, apple pie spice and salt to a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium/low heat for 6 minutes, until apples start to get tender. Mix the arrowroot powder with a tablespoon of water until smooth and add it to the apple mixture. Cook for one more minute, until apples thicken. Let cool as the bars are assembled.
- Make the crust. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan, saving the rest for the top. Bake crust for 10 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make the cheesecake. In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese and maple sugar and beat with a hand mixer until combined- about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until smooth. Pour over cooled crust, top with apple mixture and remaining dough and bake 21 minutes, until topping is lightly browned. Let cool before topping with caramel.
- Make the caramel. In microwave safe bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir well. Mixture should be smooth. Add in the vanilla and stir again. Drizzle over cooled bars.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 10 days.