This Olive Oil Apple Cake is moist, sweet, and loaded with fresh apples. It's gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Olive Oils from Spain. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
Olive Oils from Spain
Using Olive Oils from Spain as the oil in this cake makes it incredibly moist and has a nice richness. It pairs well with the apples, not overpowering, but still flavorful.
l love baking with Olive Oils from Spain because of its healthy benefits, it is antioxidant and prevents cardiovascular diseases. When choosing an oil to bake with, olive oil is a healthy choice and one I like turning to.
Paleo Apple Cake
This cake uses almond and coconut flour making it grain free, is sweetened with maple sugar, coconut sugar and maple syrup meaning it's naturally sweetened, and it contains no dairy.
The cake is super simple to make. Peel, core, and dice the apples and cover them in the cinnamon sugar mixture and then make the cake, which is simple and just mixed together in one bowl. Spread the cake in the pan and top it with the diced apples and bake. There's almost as much apple topping as there is cake which makes it so delicious! It's finished with a coconut manna drizzle, but that's really optional because it's sweet enough plain. I shared this with family and friends and everyone was amazed at how moist and delicious it is!
I use maple sugar in the cake, but coconut sugar can be used if that's what you have, it will just yield a slightly darker cake. Both are delicious and work great!
I know you will love this olive oil apple cake because it's simple, delicious, and packed with apple flavor. Here are some more apple desserts to make:
- Vegan Paleo Apple Cinnamon Bars
- Paleo Apple Pie Crumb Bread
- Vegan Paleo Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Glazed Cookies
Olive Oil Apple Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup maple sugar (or coconut sugar)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups peeled cored and diced apples, about 3 medium
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice or cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Make the apple topping first. In a medium bowl, combine the apples, coconut sugar, and apple pie spice (or cinnamon). Stir until apples are well coated. Set aside until cake is made.
- Make the cake. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, maple sugar, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine. Add in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, applesauce, eggs, maple syrup and vnailla. Stir until well mixed and dough is formed. Scoop into prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with apple mixture, pressing the apples in slightly.
- Bake 45-50 mnutes, until edges are lightly brown and the center is set.
- Glaze if desired. Make sure coconut butter is liquidy, you may need to microwave it for 30 seconds and stir it well. Combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, and water in a small bowl and stir well. Drizzle over the cake. Store cake covered in the fridge.