These Coconut Oil No-Bake Cookies are a delicious twist on the original. Made completely dairy and gluten free, but just as delicious!
I made these delicious no-bake cookies with coconut oil and they came out amazing! They are completely dairy and gluten free and so easy to make! I made 6 batches to share with friends and everyone loved them! No one could tell they were any different which I think is a good thing. They are so delicious and the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter!
I have made these so many times so I have a few tips to make them a success. Measure out the oats before you start cooking. It moves pretty fast once the stove is on and you don’t want to be scrambling trying to find a measuring cup and measuring correctly. Also, make sure you have a clean counter with a piece of wax paper down for the same reason. I have learned this the hard way when the mixture is hot and there is no where to scoop them.
These coconut oil no bake cookies are the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter. The oats give them great texture, but they have a melt-in-your-mouth quality about them. A simple cookie that is so satisfying and I will definitely continue making them with coconut oil!
I’m looking forward to making these for my dad when he comes to visit next month. He gave up dairy, but there’s no way he’s giving up his favorite cookie! Here are some more cookie recipes to try:
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Coconut Oil No-Bake Cookies
- 3 1/4 cup oats gluten free if necessary
- 1/2 cup coconut oil measured as liquid
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Measure out the oats into a bowl and set aside.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter for the cookies once cooked.
- In a large sauce pan, combine coconut oil, peanut butter, almond milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Turn heat on medium (no higher) and stir consistently until it comes to a rolling boil. Set the timer for 4 minutes and continually stir, making sure to scrap the sides and bottom regularly.
- Once the timer has gone off, remove from heat and add the vanilla. This will cause the mixture to boil. Stir it in quickly. Add the oats and make sure they are all coated. Scoop onto wax paper and let cool before eating.
- Store covered at room temperature.
Leave a Comment