These Easy Paleo Snickerdoodles are soft, thick, and chewy. No one will be able to tell they are gluten free, naturally sweetened and have an option of dairy free.
These cookies are so good! Even though they are thick, they are not cakey at all. The outside has a slight cinnamon-y crunch and the inside in pillowy soft. Such a good combination! They are sweetened with coconut sugar which is low glycemic sweetener, but they are still sweet enough for anyone to enjoy!
I used butter, but you can use ghee if you need to. Coconut oil would probably work as well, but that buttery flavor is so tasty with the cinnamon sugar. Just like traditional snickerdoodles, these use cream of tartar. It helps activate the baking soda making the cookies a chewy and giving them their distinct flavor. It sets them apart from plain sugar cookies.
The picture above cracks me up! That was beautifully styled by my 2 year old. After I was done taking pictures and helping herself to a cookie- she piled the rest on the tiny plate. I had to get a picture 🙂
You will love how fast this recipe is. No dough chilling, special equipment, or multiple cookie sheets. They are mixed, baked, and enjoyed in under 20 minutes.
Just look how perfect that inside texture is! Soft, fluffy, and not dry at all! Are these cookies you grew up making and eating? I didn't have one until a few years ago. They are definitely delicious!
Easy Paleo Snickerdoodles
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and coconut sugar. Cream together until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir until the dough is well mixed and no dry spots remain. Divide dough into 12 even pieces.
- In a small bowl, make the cinnamon sugar mixture by stirring the coconut sugar and cinnamon together.
- Roll each dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on the cookie sheet. Use the bottom of a clean glass and gently press each cookie slightly down.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in an air tight container. Keep on the counter up to 3 days, refrigerate after that.