These Paleo Gingerbread Chocolate Chunk Blondies are sweet, perfectly spiced, chewy and so delicious! All the flavors of a gingerbread cookie with the convenience of a bar. Gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened make them a healthier option.
If you are looking for a great holiday/Christmas dessert, you have found it! Blondies have become a favorite of mine after making Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies last month. They are just as good as cookies, but way easier! These actually reminded me a lot of brownies even though the only chocolate in them was the chunks.
I decided to go with chopped chocolate this time instead of chocolate chips. I love the imperfect chunks of melty goodness. Of course, chocolate chips can be used instead. The chocolate and gingerbread combination is amazing and highly recommended.
These bars are dense and fudgy. Almond butter is used as the base which creates the best chewy texture. I don’t like to use baking soda in my blondies or brownies because I like them so fudgy and don’t want them to rise at all. It ensures that they are not cakey at all.
Just like classic gingerbread cookies, these use blackstrap molasses and warm spices. Ginger, cinnamon, and allspice pair perfectly with the molasses giving them so much flavor.
Even though these are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened- they are good enough to share with everybody.My husband brought them into his job and shared them with his co-workers and they all loved them. No one could tell they were healthy!
Add these to your holiday baking list- you won’t be disappointed!
Craving more gingerbread treats? Here are my Paleo Gingerbread Muffins, Paleo Gingersnaps, Paleo Gingerbread Granola.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Gingerbread Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- 1 cup almond butter, unsweetened and unsalted
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dairy free chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, coconut oil, molasses, coconut sugar, egg, and almond milk. Stir until well mixed
- Add in almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Stir until fully combined. Fold in chocolate, leaving some for the top if desired.
- Scoop into the prepared pan, spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes.
Leave a Comment