These Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are quick, simple, and come out perfect every time! A quick breakfast or snack that is healthy and tasty. Made in 4 minutes!
I love my Instant Pot for many reasons and this is definitely one of the main ones. No overcooked eggs, no losing half of the egg trying to get the peel off, and so much quicker to make! This is the only way I make eggs now.
How to make Instant Pot Eggs
Put the rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot and fill with 1 cup of water. Place as many eggs as you can and you can even make more than one layer. I can usually get 16 large eggs. Close it, turn it on manual, make sure the valve is closed and reduce the time to 4 minutes.
Once they're done, hit cancel and release the pressure. You want to do this right away or the eggs will keep cooking. Get them in a bowl of cold water and let them cool for 5 minutes.
Easiest Eggs to Peel
You'll want to peel them while they're still warm. 5 minutes is perfect cooling time.
These actually aren't hard boiled eggs- they're steamed. And apparently that makes all the difference because I have never peeled an egg so easily in my life. I usually peel them one handed because I'm holding a baby with my other arm. I'm so glad they're so easy!
Storing Hard Boiled Eggs
Perfect every time! They are ready to be eaten as-is or used in a recipe. Store them covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You will love, love, love how easy these eggs are! The yolks are perfect, not overdone and creamy and there is no green ring around the yolk. These are great for snacking, egg salad, Paleo Chipotle Bacon Deviled Eggs, or any other deviled egg recipe.
Here is the Instant Pot I have and love!
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 16 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- Place the wire rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour in 1 cup of water.
- Place the raw eggs on the rack and fit them in tightly. I can usually fit 16, but that will depend on the size of your eggs.
- Close the Instant Pot, make sure the valve is closed, and hit the manual button. Reduce the time to 4 minutes and let them cook. (high pressure)
- As soon as the timer goes off, hit cancel and release the pressure. Leaving them in there will result in them overcooking.
- Transfer them to a large bowl (I use a serving spoon) and cover with cold water. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Peel while still warm and rinse any shell pieces off.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge.