These No Bake Granola Cookies have the perfect chewiness- combining peanut butter, honey and granola for the ultimate snack. Quick to make and easy to eat.
My brother is going hiking this weekend and I offered to make him snacks to bring along. I feel privileged to live so close to him. He moved to college before my senior year of high school and we didn't live by each other again for over 8 years. Now we live 5 minutes apart and it's awesome. I love making him food and he loves eating my food- it works great!
I added raisins to some of them because I am a raisin LOVER!! I know I'm pretty much alone in that category and that's okay. And peanut butter and raisins together is even better! One bite and you get the chewiness of the oatmeal and granola, the sweetness of the raisins and a great peanut butter flavor. It is so delicious!
These are not like the classic no-bake cookie. They are much softer and more like a granola bar. But not like a dry, bland granola bar- more like a super tasty, full of flavor with at the perfect texture granola bar.
These cookies are so simple and can easily be made gluten free if you use gluten free granola and oats. These are on the healthier side. Yes, there is still sugar in them, but there's no butter (like normal no bakes) and the chocolate drizzle is optional. These will give my brother the carbs and protein he needs for his long days of hiking.
These are also great for those warm days when you don't feel like turning the oven on, but you have a peanut butter and chocolate craving. In less than 10 minutes you can be enjoying these.
No Bake Granola Cookies
- Place granola in a blender or food processor and blend until mostly crushed. Place in a large bowl and add the oats.
- Lay out a piece of wax paper on the counter.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey and brown sugar.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil. This will only take 3-4 minutes- keep an eye on it and stir regularly. Turn the heat off, pour over granola mixture and mix well.
- Scoop onto wax paper (A cookie scoop works best for this) and press down to form cookie shapes.
- Top with raisins or chocolate if desired.