These Paleo Butter Pecan Cookies are easy to make, only have 7 simple ingredients, and are irresistible! Gluten free, dairy free, and egg free.OMG! I can't say enough good things about these cookies. They are sweet, buttery thanks to the ghee, and studded with chopped pecans. They remind me so much of one of my favorite cookies- Mexican Wedding Cookies. They are slightly crumbly, which is not a bad thing. And they are melt-in-your-mouth good!
Usually when I make treats, I enjoy one and then share the rest. My husband currently can't have any sweets and I don't need to eat all my desserts by myself. Except these cookies. I have been eating them all and enjoying every bite. I think to myself- I'm just going to have one bite- then next thing I know I'm three cookies deep. Whoops 🙂
I used maple sugar (not syrup) for these, but coconut sugar would also work well. The maple sugar has a lighter color so if you use coconut sugar they may be slightly darker. These are egg free which is perfect for anyone working around allergies.
These cookies are super easy to make. The dough only has 6 ingredients and then the addition of the chopped pecans- so simple! One tip is to use your hands to mix the dough. It helps it come together easier and that was the best way I got it to mix evenly.
You definitely need to try these! I think they will become a new favorite. They don't taste like a healthy cookie and you could fool anyone with them. Enjoy!
Paleo Butter Pecan Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ghee and maple (or coconut) sugar. Mix until fully combined. Add in the vanilla and stir again.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, and salt. Mix dough well, until no dry spots remain. I found the best way to do this was with my hands.
- Add in the chopped pecans, mix again, and scoop into balls using a cookie scoop. It should make 16 cookies.
- Place them evenly spaced on the cookie sheet, press down each one slightly and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, using the bottom of a clean glass, press them down again to about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for an additional 10-11 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Cover in air tight container. Will keep on the counter for 4 days, refrigerate after that.